Chapter 29 - The Truth Is Proven

Okay so before the chapter starts, I just want to say thank you all so much for 5K+ reads and 300+ votes on this book!

I really appreciate the support from all of you lovely readers, it just makes me so happy that people actually like my book.

Anyways, on with the chapter.

~~~

Leo

I hate it when the sun's bright rays of sunlight shine through the curtains.

I sat up and looked around. It was 7am on a Sunday morning. Checking my phone, I also realised that it was the first day of December.

"Great." I said to myself. "Christmas break is soon."

But did I really want to leave for home?

If it were a normal school year, I would've wanted to run home as fast as I could.

But this wasn't a normal school year. The many abnormal things that had happened at school kept me awake at night. What if something abnormal happened outside of school that could be related to this Celestia thing?

And besides, after learning the truth about what I was, it would feel weird to step inside the doors of my home- no, my parents' home- no, that wasn't right either.

The truth was, Cancer and I were both adopted. Almost everyone in the squad was. That was one of the things that linked us together right away.

"This feels so wrong." I buried my head into my pillow.

"What does?" Aries asked from the other bed.

I sat up again and faced him. "Everything. The fact that I'm not actually just a normal teenager, but an ancient zodiac constellation from up above that's been banished to Earth by some... some guy."

Aries shrugged. "That's what we all are. It took me a while to get used to it."

"You're saying it so casually." I told him. "Did it actually take you such a short amount of time to accept it?"

He looked at me. "Well, I suppose. Back in the orphanage, Scorpio and I used to overhear the orphanage director, Ms Helle, say weird things all the time. She talked about a land, far away from Earth, a different realm... I know now that she was talking about Celestia."

"So she knows about Celestia?" I asked. "Do you think she's one of those fallen stars, like Mr Argonautica talked about? Most of our teachers are probably fallen stars anyways."

"Probably." Aries said, getting out of bed. "I should get up."

Who even gets up at 7am in the morning anyways? I thought to myself, burying myself under the covers and trying to fall asleep again.

~~~

Well crap, another dream. I thought as the dream started.

I was standing in the middle of what looked like a small room at the top of a tower. For some reason, I felt like I had seen this before.

Standing at the far side of the room, next to a canon-like object, was a tall, brown haired man.

"At last, my plan is complete!" The man let out a malicious laugh that echoed throughout the walls of the small room. "Get ready, Celestia." He said. "You're about to pay for what you've done to me."

At the exact same moment, around eleven teenagers barged into the room, knocking the door off its hinges. Each of the teenagers looked familiar. One of them looked even more familiar than the others. It was a teenage boy with blonde-fade-to-orange hair with gingerbread brown eyes like mine. He had a pair of lion ears on his head, and he also had a lion's tail.

Something about this boy seemed familiar. It was as if I was staring at a memory of myself.

Or was I?

I stood there silently as I watched the commotion in the dream. A red haired boy, which the brown haired man had called Aries, was thrown across the room, as a blonde haired girl with fuchsia eyes ran to help him. The two of them were much like my friends Aries and Libra. I was starting to wonder if it really was them.

A pale blue haired girl had tripped the brown haired man, whose name, as I learned, was Orion, much like the suspicious figure that seemed to be behind all the abnormal things happening these days. The girl fist-bumped a taller girl with black-fade-to-red hair and red eyes. If I had to compare them to my friends, I would compare them to Pisces and Scorpio.

A brown haired boy with a sword had made his way over to a closet in the room, close to where I was standing. There, he cut the chains holding the closet doors together, and a white haired boy tumbled out. Now, there were twelve teenagers in the room, and they all seemed to be against Orion the tall, brown haired man.

One by one, I watched as the group of teenagers tried to take Orion down. There was a short, purple haired girl whose attitude was like that of Gemini's. There was also a bronze haired female who the short girl had called Sag. The extremely familiar blonde haired boy that I had noticed was apparently called Leo. The white eyed boy who told "Leo" to shut up reminded me of my brother Cancer. The green eyed boy standing next to the red haired boy called Aries reminded me a bit of Taurus.

One thing that seemed to get my attention was when the short, purple haired girl and another girl with green hair, who said she was called Virgo, mentioned a familiar name: Mercury, the name of one of the Planets who had mentioned a lot of things about Celestia.

Did Mercury somehow know these people?

I could hardly process the information when Orion, who was getting up from the ground, said, "You Zodiac Signs are still no match for me!"

Zodiac Signs. That's what the Planets said my friends and I were. The zodiac constellations in the night sky.

Which meant that these people were us.

The dream faded away as a bright purple light shot the twelve teenagers, making them disappear.

~~~

I woke up from the dream. Checking the clock, I realised that it was now 8:30am.

It didn't matter that it was a Sunday anymore. I still couldn't believe that my friends and I were supposed to be the zodiac constellations, but the dream I just had had proven everything.

"I've got to tell everyone else." I said to myself, getting out of bed and rushing out of the door.

The rest of my eleven friends were sitting in the living room flipping through the channels on the TV.

"What's up, Leo?" Sagittarius greeted me. "You know you're still in your pyjamas, right?"

"I know." I responded. "Listen, I need to tell you guys something."

Sagittarius switched the TV off using the remote and turned around to look at me. "What is it?"

I waited until the rest of my friends were listening. "Let me just see where I should start."

~~~

Well, my writer's block went away really quickly. I don't know if I like the way this chapter turned out though.

But hey, it's chapter 29! The next chapter will be chapter 30!

Anyways, have a good day/night, and stay safe!

Peace out,

The author owo