Chapter 31 - Cafeteria Catastrophe

Libra

"So you mean to tell us," I said at lunch. "That most of the people in our class are also those fallen star people?"

Gemini nodded. "That's what they told us anyways. You can ask them."

She pointed to the table beside us. I turned to look, and saw a girl with short blonde hair screaming at a girl with long blonde hair and a blonde haired boy. The boy was holding a pair of black glasses, which the short haired girl seemed to want back. At the side, a pair of black haired twins were watching the commotion, with the girl occasionally making comments and the boy rolling his eyes at his sister's comments. Two more boys, one with brown hair and one with grey hair, stood beside the pair of twins. The brunette watched as the grey haired boy signed something in ASL, and laughed at it.

"I would not want to sit at that table." Scorpio commented. Then she added, "Although I'm pretty sure that none of them are as annoying as Leo."

"I'm sitting right here, you know." Leo grumbled. "Stop being inconsiderate and use your eyes."

Scorpio opened her mouth to say something, but was cut off by a loud scream.

I turned to the direction from which the scream could be heard. "What was that?"

Just then, Virgo and Capricorn entered the cafeteria, spotted us, and headed over.

"There's something going on outside." Capricorn told us.

"We heard." Gemini said. "Did one of you scream?"

"We both did, actually." Virgo looked back at the entrance. "We were just heading down to the cafeteria when all of a sudden a table got thrown at us. I have no idea where it came from. I remember seeing Aquarius behind us, but I have no idea where he is now. Wherever he is, that table missed him by about an inch."

As if on cue, Aquarius, along with Pisces and Sagittarius, ran into the cafeteria, with Aries, Taurus, and Cancer following behind them.

Sagittarius took a seat next to Gemini. "Whatever the hell's happening out there, it ain't good."

"I'll second that." Aries agreed.

Cancer nodded. "I don't know what was happening. One minute I was walking to the cafeteria with Taurus, the next minute I was dodging flying tables and chairs."

"I could've sworn that I saw Pisces under a table on the way here." Taurus added.

"I would've been safer under the table." Pisces harrumphed. "I would've stayed there if Aquarius didn't force me to get out from under there." She glared at Aquarius, who heaved a sigh.

"Pisces, I honestly doubt that it would be safe under the table." He told her. "But I'm glad that all the madness is over. Now we can actually relax after class-"

Things were happening so quickly that I would've said that Aquarius jinxed us.

The doors to the cafeteria were blown off their hinges. Several other students screamed in fear, while others were glued to their seats.

A cloaked figure, which for some reason I could tell was a girl, floated into the room like a ghost. Her facial features were hidden under the shadows made by the hood she wore. A dark aura surrounded her.

Leo's face turned pale. "Hey, isn't that the psychic lady that we ran into the other day?"

Capricorn nodded. "What is she doing here?"

The cloaked figure raised her hand, and one of the cafeteria tables rose into the air. She turned to the table my friends and I were sitting at, and at that moment I caught a glimpse of a strand of lilac hair and a green eye. With a wave of her hand, she sent the cafeteria table flying at our table.