Chapter 6 - The Piano

Virgo

It would be an understatement to say that I couldn't sleep.

The amount of homework that we got on second day was way more than the first. Apparently since we're high school students, we can handle having this much work to do.

To make matters worse, most of them are due the day after.

I sat on my bed after finishing my Chinese assignment.

So much for wanting to get some rest. I thought.

I looked at the bed next to mine. Sagittarius was asleep, snoring softly.

"I can't believe that I'm going to get more work as a birthday present." I said to myself, checking the calendar that was on my bedside table.

Tomorrow would be August 23rd,my birthday. Why school started so early, I didn't know. At least the school made it up to us by letting us have summer vacation in mid-June.

I got into my bed and tried to fall asleep, but there was too much pressure. I really didn't know how Sagittarius managed to fall asleep with that much homework. Maybe she decided to ignore it all. Whatever the case she'll probably get her first detention on the third day of school if she hasn't already gotten one.

I rolled around for what felt like an hour or so. The stress was too much.

It's fine Virgo. I told myself. The teacher isn't going to call you out for having one word less than the word limit. One thousand word essays don't have to be one thousand words, right?

At last, I couldn't take it. I remembered that when I couldn't fall asleep at home, I would go down to the piano in the living room, sit down, and play a few tunes.

"Now where have I seen a piano in this school?" I wondered.

~~~

I walked all the way down to the fifth floor, where the music classrooms were. I ran my hand on the many doors, each one made of cedarwood.

Finally, I made it to the music classroom that I had class in.

There's got to be a piano in here, right?

I opened the door, making sure that it didn't creak. I walked into the room and nearly jumped.

There was already someone inside. And this someone didn't look like a teacher.

The pianist was playing a tune that I was very familiar with. He was singing along to the music, and at that moment I swore that I've heard his voice before.

"But now the day bleeds

Into nightfall

And you're not here

To get me through it all

I let my guard down

And then you pulled the rug

I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved

I let my guard down

And then you pulled the rug

I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved"

I walked closer to him, and nearly tripped over a guitar case.

"Whoa!" I held my hands out, trying not to fall.

When I regained my balance, I looked up. The pianist had stopped playing, and when I looked up at him, I couldn't believe who it was.