Chapter 5 - Free Period

Leo

Finally the school day was almost over. I sat down in the room for free period and reviewed all my assignments for today.

So there's nothing for music and arts. I told myself. There's also some dumb worksheet for French, an English assignment, as well as a random thing for math. High school is basically trying to overload us with work. And it's only the first day!

"So, free period." A voice next to me said. I looked up, and saw Aquarius' face looking down at me.

I stoped thinking, and stared at his tousled platinum blonde hair, which looked like it wasn't combed properly. He had these beautiful olympic blue eyes. Oh gosh, they're so beautiful.

Dang, he's cute. I thought.

"Um, are you okay?" Aquarius asked me, looking extremely confused.

"Hm?" I stoped staring at him. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired."

He looked at me sideways, then shrugged. "If you say so then. I'll just take this seat over here." He sat down at the seat opposite to me.

I keep forgetting that he's philophobic. I cursed in my mind. But I like him. Oh shoot, am I catching feelings?

"You're definitely not okay." Aquarius gazed up from his laptop. "Why are you looking at me funny?"

"Nothing." I replied hastily, trying to cover up my feelings, even though I was obviously blushing. "Just thinking."

Aquarius paused. "Alright then."

Just then, the door opened, and the rest of the squad walked in.

"Y'all ain't gonna believe what a day I've had." Sagittarius said loudly.

"Tell me about it." Capricorn sighed. He sat down next to his brother Aquarius and took his textbooks out, rapidly flipping to find the page he was on.

"Cheer up, fellah." Sagittarius took the seat next to Capricorn, who was still busy trying to locate his page. "It'll be a nice day tomorrow."

"Yeah, come on, Cap." Gemini sat on the seat opposite from Sagittarius, two seats away from me. "You've got to be optimistic."

My brother Cancer sat down on my left. He didn't say anything, but I could tell that he was stressed. And tired. Really stressed and really tired. He buried his head into his arms and promptly fell asleep.

Taurus took one look at Cancer and moved to a seat next to Gemini. "Looks like someone's sleepy."

"Aren't we all?" Virgo asked as she took the seat to my right.

"I'm not." Pisces remarked. "Scorpio, did you see the way Ms Atalanta scored that goal in PE class? That was totally awesome!"

"Yeah, yeah." Scorpio said sluggishly. She would've fallen asleep too, but Pisces kept talking to her.

"I'll have to agree with Pisces." Libra sat down next to Virgo. "That goal was pretty impressive."

Aries heaved a sigh as he sat down at the only vacant seat. "How are you guys still so energetic?"

I didn't answer his question. I was busy staring at Aquarius again. I couldn't help it. I'm a sucker for cute guys, and that certainly applies to Aquarius.

"Earth to Leo?" Sagittarius yelled, earning her a "Shhh!" from Capricorn.

Oh shit, what did I miss? I thought, feeling my cheeks go red.

"Gotta lotta stuff to do?" Sag asked.

"Yeah." I responded casually, trying to ignore the weird looks everyone was giving me. "It's only the first day and we're being covered in homework!"