Chapter 14 - Fallen Stars

Taurus

"Fallen stars?" I asked my eleven other friends. "What are those?"

"Ms Medea mentioned them. So did Mr Argonautica." Sagittarius mentioned.

"Mr Argonautica was probably talking about those he mentioned in that vision." Aries piped up. "What was the list again? Hercules, Perseus, Andromeda, Orpheus, Phrixus and Helle."

Scorpio eyed her brother like she was trying to communicate with her eyes. Aries made a signal telling her to knock it off.

"Hercules, Perseus and Andromeda are constellations." Virgo noted.

My sister Libra who had just walked into the room said, "Aren't those the names of some of our teachers?"

Pisces immediately jumped up from her seat. "That's what I said! Ooh, maybe all of our teachers are secretly constellations-"

"That's not exactly true, Pisces." Aquarius interrupted her. "Medea is a sorceress from an ancient Greek myth. So is Jason, Orpehus, Phrixus and Helle. Atalanta too, if we're talking about her."

"But they're all Greek related." Capricorn noted. "There has to be some sort of connection."

"I remember reading some Greek myths when I was younger." Cancer recalled. "I remember Phrixus and Helle being in some myth related to the Golden Fleece. Yeah, it was some ram who was later raised into the heavens as the constellation Aries..."

At that very moment, all of our heads turned to look at Aries. I could've sworn that Aries whispered "Fuck off" under his breath.

"Do you still have the book?" I asked him. He ran into his room and returned with a hardcover book titled "Tales of Constellations".

"They have stories of every constellations here." He said, flipping through the book. "They have zodiac constellations as well... Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces..."

Gemini sat up at the mention of her name. "This has to be a coincidence. Our names match those of the twelve zodiac signs."

Leo, who was checking his phone for something, looked up and said, "It might not be." He showed us a video of Ms Medea and played it to us.

She was talking to her phone. "Master Orion. Yes, the Zodiac Signs are still in Earth. They're teenagers, still unbelievably stupid. I haven't had the need to kill them just yet. Yes, yes, I know their names. Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces. I have one of them here right now. No, no, he hasn't annoyed me just yet. None of them suspect anything. They don't know about me being an all-powerful sorceress or anything. I await your orders, sir. We will rid the universe of the Zodiac Signs, and soon the entire universe will be under my- our control!"

None of us said anything. That silence was interrupted by Sagittarius the conspiracy theory lover, who was muttering something under her breath.

Even Virgo was shocked. "I-I don't understand."

Leo looked up at us, a grim look on his face. "Don't you get it? We're the Zodiac Signs."

~~~

I lay there in bed, Capricorn fast asleep in the bed beside mine. I couldn't stop thinking about what we had this afternoon about us being constellations. From what I understood, our science teacher was working with someone to get rid of us, some of our teachers were people from Greek myths, and we were constellations.

I forced myself to fall asleep. Even as I did, I couldn't stop the flood of dreams that were coming at me.

~~~