Chapter 32 - A Little Too Depressing

No, this chapter isn't as depressing as the title suggests.

~~~

Scorpio

It surprised me how slow time could go some times.

The clock on the wall of the cafeteria sure did know how to get on someone's nerves. I could hear the sound of the second hand of the clock even from where I sat.

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

I sighed, looking at the lilac haired girl tied up in the chair next to me. She was still passed out. I was thankful that she was. Out of all the people who have had to see what I had become now, I'd hate for it to be her.

I suppose I did trust her a bit more. More than I did with my other lovers. Jacqueline. Denise.

But that was before.

I looked back at the unconscious girl with a fury of hatred in my eyes.

How could she.

How could she just leave me like that, saying that she wouldn't be able to see me again, only to come back without a word.

Sure, maybe I was being selfish. Maybe Ophiuchus did have other things to do. Maybe she did respect her father to the extent that she was willing to cut me off.

Maybe I just didn't know what it was like to be her.

But she didn't know what it was like to be me.

No one ever would.

Or maybe that's just what I think. I suppose I'm just being "a little too depressing", as Pisces says.

Pisces, I thought. And Cancer, and Aries, and everyone else.

They all knew about what happened with Ophiuchus and I. They had all tried to comfort me. Especially Aries. He may be an idiot some times, but he sure as he'll was an overprotective brother.

My thoughts were interrupted as Ophiuchus began to stir.

Her eyes fluttered slowly, before instantly opening up as she tried to break through the chains of tape that held her to the chair.

Her stern bottle green eyes stared up at me.

"I see you've finally figured out." She said casually, like this was just an everyday conversation.

The fact that she was saying it in such a casual tone made me mad. "Explain." I demanded. "Explain everything."

Ophiuchus continued thrashing. "I don't suppose you could let me go?"

"Don't try and get all 'buddy-buddy' with me now, Ophiuchus." I spat at her. "Just tell me what you've been up to these days."

"Untie me and I'll tell you." She responded.

I hesitated. If I untied Ophiuchus, there was obviously going to be a chance that she would escape. But I needed her to talk.

Ophiuchus was waiting for my response. "Well?" She asked.