Chapter 26 - Who's Ouranos? (Plus Another Tag)

Taurus

I awoke with a start. The talk the day before about Celestia had seemed to give me nightmares.

I took a few moment to process what I had just seen in my dream.

"The world was ending." I mumbled to myself. "No, it couldn't be. According to the scientists, the end of the world was a few billion years later. But why am I dreaming about it now? I'm not even going to live that long!"

Just then, Cancer peeked his head through the door frame.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Just another nightmare, nothing to worry about." I told him.

He sat down next to me. "What was the nightmare about? I heard you mumbling to yourself about the end of the world or something."

"Yeah, that's exactly what I dreamt about." I said. "It doesn't make sense. Why am I dreaming about the end of the world? That's supposed to happen a few billion years later."

"Dreams are weird, you know." Cancer pointed out. "Sometimes they convey messages."

"So..." I thought for a while. "Do you think that something is going to trigger the end of the world?"

"I mean, due to all the abnormal stuff that's being going on, I guess it could be true." Cancer replied. He looked up at me. "You don't think it's actually going to happen, right?"

I paused. Cancer was right. There was a lot of abnormal stuff going on. First, it was the thing with Ms Medea, then the cold autumn day, then the memories and flashbacks, then the scrolls, and finally the whole situation explained by the Planet people. Could it be possible that something could lead to the end of the world?

"Let's not worry about it for now." I told Cancer.

Cancer said nothing. He snuggled up to me, resting his head on my shoulder. I closed my eyes and hoped to myself that I wouldn't face another horrifying nightmare.

~~~

Well I was wrong. 

I found myself floating for some reason. I looked down to find shining stars below me. Stars and galaxies were everywhere.

"How foolish of Morpheus to bring you to me in a dream." A voice boomed.

I looked around, trying to find out who said that.

The voice chuckled. "You cannot see me, foolish Zodiac Sign. Even if you can, it will kill you."

"Show yourself!" I demanded. I felt wind swirl around me.

"I am the one behind everything." The voice said.

"Are you Orion?" I asked.

But no, I told myself. I've seen Orion in a dream before. Seeing him didn't kill me.

The voice let out a laugh. "Orion? That puny little man? I am way more powerful than he is. Way more powerful than you."

"Just tell me who you are!" I shouted.

"Typical Zodiac Signs." said the voice. "Let me tell you a story."

"A long, long time ago, there was Chaos. Chaos wasn't a god, more like an entity. Chaos created Mother Earth. Chaos also created other primordial deities, including Nyx, Erebus, Tartarus, and many more. Mother Earth was lonely, so she fashioned herself a partner: The primordial god of the sky.