Chapter 33 - Ophiuchus Appears Again

Sagittarius

Aries, Leo and I were on our way back from Central Park when all the fuss started.

"I'm glad that all this Ophiuchus business is over." said Leo. "Now we can finally relax-"

I quickly put my hand over his mouth. "Don't say that! You'll jinx us!"

"Why not?" He protested. "All of those Ophiuchus related shenanigans happened well over a week ago!"

"As much as Leo has a point, I'll have to agree with Sag." Aries piped up. "Besides, Ophiuchus is apparently also some psychic super villain, who knows if she might just pop out of nowhere."

I groaned in frustration. "Stop trying to jinx us!"

Leo looked at me sideways. "Jeez, Sag, what happened to you today? You said that a quick stroll in the great outdoors would make you feel better."

"I know, I know, it's just that-" I paused. "I reckon it's just that something's been on my mind, you know? Now that we've been exposed to this stuff about Celestia I can't stop thinking about it!" Hesitating, I added, "And perhaps Pisces just keeps mentioning it."

"Typical Pisces." Aries responded.

I laughed. "Yeah, typical Pisces. Anyways, what do you think Ms Medea is up to these days-"

My voice faltered as my eyes stopped at a familiar warehouse. Something about it just didn't seem right.

"Hey, isn't that the Planets' warehouse?" asked Leo.

I slowly made my way towards the building, with Aries and Leo following behind me. As I got to the warehouse, I realised that the door was open.

"The door's open." I said. "That's not good."

"No shit, Sherlock." Leo replied sarcastically, stepping into the warehouse.

"I don't think it's a good idea to-" Aries started.

"It's completely deserted." said Leo, ignoring Aries' warning. "Gosh, where did the Planets go- Goddammit lady, where'd you come from?!" Leo's alarmed voice came from inside the building.

I quickly slammed the door against the wall, running into the warehouse to find out where Leo was, with Aries following behind me.

There, we found a struggling Leo being held tightly by a familiar figure. Her lilac coloured locks covered a side of her face, while her bottle green eye watched us carefully.

"Nice of you to drop by for a chat." Ophiuchus smirked. "I was wondering when I'd run into 'the famous Zodiac Signs' again."

"Let Leo go." I growled through gritted teeth.

Ophiuchus let out a laugh. "Or what? You'll burn me to death? You don't even have your powers!"

"Believe me, we'll do it, with or without powers." Aries threatened her.

"Well, if you two are going with threats, I might as well do the same." said Ophiuchus, pulling a dagger out of its sheath around her waist and holding it up to Leo's throat.

"Woah, calm down!" Leo shouted, trying to edge away from the blade. "That's murder, and murder is not okay!"

Ophiuchus didn't move her arm. "That's what the mortals say. If you remembered what it was like back in the day- oh wait, you don't." She taunted us.

"Okay, I have no idea what you're talking about, but spare us the details and drop the blade." I demanded.

"Alright, I'll admit, I'm not a human." Ophiuchus admitted. "I'm Celestian, much like the former inhabitants of this warehouse, and more importantly," A sly grin appeared on her face. "Much like you."