Chapter 17 - Sincerely

Leo

"Come on, Leo, just talk to him!" I said to myself.

I was pacing in front of Aquarius' room, wondering if I should go in or wait for him to come out. At last, I mustered up my courage and went into the room.

Aquarius wasn't there. Nobody was in the dorm. That was when I realised that it was free period and everyone was in the free period classroom.

Dang Leo, I told myself. You're so obsessed with your crush that you forgot the schedule.

I ran from the dorm all the way to the free period classroom, which was on the other side of the school building. Surprisingly, my friends weren't shocked when I ran into the room panting. Gemini and Libra were even chatting with each other quietly in the corner of the room.

"Sorry- forgot-" I said in between breaths.

Aquarius looked up from his book (and I resisted the urge to blush). "Well, it's a good thing you're here. Otherwise you'd be like the missing trio."

"Come again?" I asked, confused.

"My sister's been missing all day." Aries explained. "So have Cancer and Pisces."

"That's strange." I remarked. "I just chatted with my brother last night. He couldn't possibly have just vanished like that."

"Well don't ask me where they've been." Sagittarius was surprisingly able to speak clearly even with a marker cap between her teeth. "But do y'all think there's something going on?"

"They wouldn't all just disappear without a trace." Virgo stated. "I'm sure of that."

"But they would've told us." Taurus argued.

Capricorn, who had been silent until then, spoke up. "Unless... It was the middle of the night when they disappeared, right?" He looked at me and I nodded. "Come on, we all know Pisces. She'd only wake one or two people up if something was really important. Scorpio would- and I quote- 'wouldn't give a damn'. Cancer would probably just tag along with the other two."

"He does have a point." I said. Everyone else murmured in agreement.

Gemini and Libra chose that moment to join our conversation.

"What are we talking about over here?" Libra asked.

As Virgo filled the two girls in on our situation, the rest of us just sat down and worked on our homework.

But I had other ideas.

Alright Leo, I said to myself. If you can't even be near Aquarius without turning red as a tomato, why don't you write to him instead.

Great idea Leo, but that sounds really stupid. Another voice in my head (which sounded like me) said. Have you even talked to the guy?

I buried my face in my arms and sighed in frustration. Aries noticed my frustration and asked, "What's up?"

"Eh, nothing." I lied. "Homework."

"I see." I could tell that he wasn't convinced.

Free period was surprisingly boring, as the unusual things that happened usually happened during free period. The nine of us either got on with our homework or talked about why Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces went missing. After free period, we just returned to our dorms as usual.

While the others were doing homework, I dumped all my homework aside and got working on a love letter to Aquarius. (Cue the "she needs to sort out her priorities" scene from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone but it's said by Hermione Granger instead and the she is replaced with a he. Yeah, I could totally imagine that happening.)