11

Bell rang and as I thought, my copy cat did skip class. Cartman was not happy about it, I could hear him rambling from my seat.

"WHERE IS HE?! KENNY 2 HAS THE BOARD AND WE NEED TO GIVE IT TO DAMIEN TODAY!"

"Why did you leave it at his house dumbass?" Stan asked.

"I- THIS ISN'T ABOUT ME, IT'S ABOUT THE BOARD, FOCUS STAN!"

"Shit" I thought "if the board needs to be given back to Damien, that means the piece too! That means my chances of talking to Karen are over!" I hurried to see where my copy cat was, but he wasn't anywhere near the school. I flew above the school and looked at the town, but everyone looked the same from so high up. I decided to go check his house then. I flew as fast as I could but when I got there his room was empty. I was about to give up, I didn't know where this kid normally went! He was basically a stranger! I didn't know shit about him! Fuck!

I sat down in his bed with my hands on my head, imagining the scary possibility of him giving the board and piece back and ending my chances to communicate with anyone. I felt my body getting heavier, my eyes tearing up. I fell and burried my face in his pillow. The time I spent being ignored by everyone, it hurt too much, I didn't want to go through it again. And specially now that I had this amazing chance to talk to people, I wanted to use it! But it was completely out of my control.

I didn't want to be alone again.

I really didn't.

Y/n p.o.v.

I entered my house panting from running. After I decided to skip class, I had to find a way to leave the school without anyone seeing me, so I went through the back of the school and then jumped over a really old fence. From there, I ran home with fear of anyone going after me.

I went upstairs calmly knowing that no one was home, both my parents were working. I opened the door and immediately checked under my bed and there it was! The board! I looked around some more and found the pants where I left the piece in. I picked it up and closed my eyes, focusing all my energy on it.

"Hello?" I asked. It was weird to ask something like that when there's no one around, but I always had a little hope that a certain ghost would be. When I found that he was real, my every second was spent thinking about what I should talk about with him. I was so curious!

"Kenny, you there?"

Nothing...

No touch, no weird feeling, nothing. I thought that maybe he wasn't there, a plausible explanation, but I wanted to make sure of it. I tried to remember what I did to see him the first time, so I focused very hard, closed my eyes, and tried putting my energy into the piece. I wanted to open my eyes and see him.

I focused and focused and...

I opened my eyes.

At first it was all blurry but when I got used to everything I saw a faint blurry figure in my bed. I was holding on to the piece with both hands with much strength, I wanted to see him as clear as possible. I stepped forward slowly, heading towards the body. When I looked at the head, I saw a familiar messy blonde hair. I gulped as I felt my heart beat faster. I looked closely at the face to notice a tear going down his eye. He looked like he was asleep, but even then, he was crying.

I sat on the floor facing him, wondering what could have cause such pain. I moved one my hands away from the piece, making it harder to be able to see him, and moved it to his face. I hesitated before touching him, but after breathing in deeply, I moved my hand to try to clean his tears.

The moment I touched him, I felt a huge shock. I suddenly felt a wave of sadness and despair that was incredibly painful. I couldn't control myself so I fell to the floor crying, dropping the piece and using both my hands to clean my neverending tears. I felt like I had died 100 times, and came back to life 100 more. I felt so lonely and like I wasn't even in this world. There were too many emotions that I couldn't explain, but I knew they were strong and they were giving me the biggest headache, so big that I felt like I was going to faint.

Kenny's p.o.v.

I woke up with a loud thud. I looked around to see (Y/n) on the floor holding his head in pain. I frantically got up and tried helping him. It was useless. But I could see that his energy had changed, he was very stressed and in a lot of pain, something in it was very familiar. Between sobs and grunts, he picked up the piece on the floor, grabbing it like it was his own life in his hands. I had never seen him like that. Worried, I got to his level and grabbed his arms. He surprised me by looking immediately into my eyes. His shaky hand grabbed his shirt where my hand was touching him while the other squeezed the piece harder and harder. He stared at me, breathing slower and calming down still grabbing the shirt where my hand was. Finally he spoke.

"Kenny... I think, I think I felt what you feel..."

I was confused but also curious.

"I saw you in my bed and so I-I touched you, a-and, and then, like, I huh, I felt this like wave of sadness and huh, despair and loneliness" he stuttered as he tried putting into words what he had just experienced.

"Y-you saw me? Wait, YOU TOUCHED ME?!"

"And I don't know what caused all of this but I just want to tell you that, I'm so sorry. Dying must be so scary but more than anything, lonely... I can't even begin to imagine the pain you must be going through. But what I felt was so much, it scares me to think that you feel this way everyday." I looked at him and his caring expression. He was truly sad about how I felt, I could see it in his eyes. His honesty and kindness got to me and I couldn't contain a small smile from showing up. It felt like the first time someone actually cared about me...

"This might sound pretty weird coming from a random guy that you don't even know that well but I want you to know I care about you" He continued. My face softened but my grip got stronger, unknowingly I was hurting his arm but he kept on going, ignoring the pain.

"And hum... I, I never felt anything like that before, so, I'd do anything to help you. If there's anything I can do to make you feel better please do tell me! I don't want you to suffer this way!" His voice was entering my ears and going straight to my heart.

I breathed in trying to contain tears and jumped to the front, hugging him with all my strength.