32

"What do I do then?! Am I going to die? Or cause the world's end?!" I started panicking.

I heard a chuckle.

"Oh Damien, you sure are a prankster" The man behind him laughed while tapping his back.

"Daaad, shut up" He whispered quietly. I could still hear him though.

"(Y/n) was it? My son is just joking with you. Kenny's curse is from an unknown entity but we don't think it's a dangerous one. We've tested out every single thing you could imagine on Kenny and never had any consequences. Don't worry." He smiled leaving the boy in front of him red and angry. I gave an angry look to Damien and turned around ready to leave. As I was going up the stairs I could hear their conversation.

"Ugh, dad, they're so annoying together, why did you tell him that"

"If Kenny made this big of an impact on him than the time they spent together must have been very important."

I smiled hearing those words. It's true I didn't remember almost anything from being with Kenny, but I did remember the feeling. I rushed out and hurried to my house. After dropping my backpack at home I was planning on going to Kenny's place to talk to him, that is, if I could even figure out where it was.

I ran home and looked at the clock breathing heavily.

"Shit... There's still an hour until classes end, my mom will annoy me about this. Fuck, I really wish this was a dream afterall."

I opened the door quietly and stepped inside searching around for any traces of my mom. I sighed seeing nothing and closed the door behind me. I went up the stairs and entered my quiet room, shutting the door and locking it. I threw my backpack to the floor and kneeled down in front of my bed. I looked under my bed for some seconds.

"What was I gonna get from here? There was something here wasn't there?"

I tried to remember what it was so important that I was going to get under my bed. Maybe my shoes? I didn't know. My phone rang soon enough to snap me out of it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"(Y/n)! You skipped class?!" My mom screamed at me through the phone.

"No..."

"I just received an email from your teacher saying you got up and left in the middle of the class! What do you have to say for yourself?!" I could already see her angry face in my head from the tone of her voice.

"Mom, it was important!"

"REALLY?! WHAT WAS IT THEN?!"

"I... Well if I tell you, you won't believe me!"

"Tell me right this instant or I will ground you for a month"

"Okay then, so, basically, I have to find Kenny who was my boyfriend last year but no one remembers because he was dead and now he's alive and I have to ask him what happened because I also can't remember what happened but I do know something happened..."

Silence

"Mom?"

"BOYFRIEND?!" Her voice pierced through my ears, I could almost feel the blood coming out of them.

"Well, I'm not sure yet, that's why I'm going to ask him"

"YOU LIKE BOYS?!"

"...I thought you knew..." I had a very clear memory of my mom hugging me after finding my flag, I didn't understand why she was making such a big mess out of this.

"I'M COMING HOME RIGHT NOW! RACHEL! HEY RACHEL! I HAVE TO GO HOME! MY SON IS-" I turned off the phone before she could scream more. I sighed and sat in my bed.

"What the hell is happening today ..."
My brain was so overwhelmed with everything that I really didn't know what to do. I had no idea what was real or not anymore, what happened and what didn't. My mind was not working properly, I was so tired yet excited to talk to Kenny about everything.

But if Kenny wanted me to remember, he would have told me right? Maybe whatever we had, he regretted it and now doesn't want to go back on it. And even if Kenny told me what happened, would I be able to remember everything right away? What would happen to us, we start dating? Or just stay friends?

"God, what a mess" I looked at my dirty sneakers while trying to organise my thoughts. I got up and grabbed my sketchbook and pencil case, put them inside my backpack and left my house. I didn't know where I was going but I just needed somewhere away from everything to calm my head and try to make sense of everything.

I arrived at a park, small but nice. It didn't have many people so I felt comfortable walking around. I followed the dirt road that led to a big pond. It was Stark's pond. It was popular for being the pond with the lover's bench, legend has it that if you kiss your crush sitting on it then you'll be together forever. But everyone knows those stories are just baloney. I sat on the bench and took out my sketchbook.

"Hmm... Feels familiar... Maybe I've been here before? During the time that Kenny was dead maybe" I picked up my pencil and let it flow through the paper. I glanced at the view in front of me. I was having the weirdest Deja vu, I felt anxious but I didn't know why.

When I looked at me paper again I got surprised. I was drawing Kenny with a particular sad expression. Looking at it made me frown. I had that face stuck in my head, looking at my poorly made drawing of his face was like seeing him in front of me. I closed my sketchbook and looked up. The sun was still up, I would guess it was around 5 p.m. and everything was just really calm and nice. But I did have a constant thought in the back of my head of not being alone. I felt watched... Maybe it was my paranoia but I could feel that someone was behind me, staring at me.

I breathed in and turned around quickly.

"Butters?"

Butters was standing behind a bush smiling and waving.

"Hi (Y/n)! How are you?" He asked happily.

"Butters! Get down!" A voice screamed from under the bush grabbing his shirt and pulling him down.

"What the..." I got up and walked towards the bush. Small murmurs getting louder as I stepped closer.

I looked down to the bush to find Kenny and Butters curled up hiding.

"Found ya"

Butters looked up and jumped excited. "You found me! Did you also find Kenny? I have no idea where he is"

He giggled while Kenny burried himself in his jacket. I chuckled at the embarrassed mess in front of me.

"Hmmm... I do wonder where Kenny is" I replied to Butters in a playful tone. "I only see a big round orange on the ground"

"Ahahah! You're so funny (Y/n)!" He laughed loudly.

"Butters, now it's your turn to count!"

"Oh! Okay! I'll go count, you fellas hide!" He ran away from us and put his face against a very far away tree. I could faintly hear him counting the numbers out loud.

I sighed and kneeled down next to Kenny. I looked at him. He still wouldn't look at me...

"Hey Kenny"

He finally looked at me with his bright blue eyes. His hair in falling on his face as he looked slightly up.

"Hi"