17

I turned back immediately.

"Damien..."

He didn't look very happy.

"Are you calmer now?" He asked not really worried.

"Yeah..."

"Good" he said.

I just stared at him in silence.

"So, Kenny huh?"

I gulped.

"You've been talking to him? Or rather, you talked to him before?" He slowly got closer to me. His slender body creepily moving as he stepped closer and closer.

"N-no, I don't know, might have not been him" I tried lying, but my head was still a mess.

"Now now, I know you're talking about Kenny McCormick. He's the only ghost around you know?"

"I-"

"Oh, no, you probably don't, but I do. I made him a ghost actually. I made him like this so he would suffer. Looking at how no one gives a real shit about him, and best part, he can't even do anything about it!"

He looked down on me, fire in his eyes.

"Or so I thought"

"Look, I don't really-" but before I could even say anything he grabbed my arms, his hands slightly burning my shirt.

"You fucker. I gave a broken board to Eric"

What...

"Kenny wasn't supposed to be able to move the piece, and according to what Eric said, he even touched you?"

My shirt was fully burned and he was now clasping to my arms, burning my skin.

"Damien, please, I don't understand-"

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE BOARD?!"

"NOTHING!"

"I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU IF YOU DONT TELL ME! HOW DID YOU GET THE BOARD TO WORK?!"

"I-I DON'T KNOW! PLEASE!"

Damien threw me on the ground and stepped back. I looked up to see flames all around the room, his figure stretched out with huge claws coming out of his hands. His eyes red and his horns bigger and sharper than anything I'd ever seen. I feared for my life as his mouth transformed into a grin and then into a smile, allowing me to see his sharp teeth.

"DAMIEN WAIT-"

Kenny's p.o.v.

It had been a month and a half since Karen got the board. I talked to her every single day since then, that is, for the first week. After the first week, she ran out of questions and so, would just ask how my day was. At some point my mom cleaned my room and placed the board inside of my wardrobe. I was pretty angry at first, but Karen didn't even seem to notice. Even tho I couldn't talk to Karen anymore, I sticked around because seeing her happy was better than anything else in world. One day she was going through my wardrobe to dress her teddy bear with my parkas and she found the board again.

"Oh, look who is it Karen" I said looking at board.

She picked it up and placed it on the floor. She picked up the piece and thought for a bit.

"How did you do this again."

"You just put the piece on the board and I'll do the rest"

She got up with the piece in her hands, closed her eyes and spinned around while singing.

"Oh oh oh! Oh Luigi board! Please let me talk to my brother!"

I snickered and shook my head. She was too precious.

She sat down again and I sat down ready to move the piece.

"So, big brother, are you here?"

"Yes"

"Oh cool! Cool! You're still here! So, I wanted to apologize for not talking to you that much. Now that I know you're okay, I don't feel sad anymore!"

I smiled "I'm glad you're okay now"

"So, because I don't need this hum... Weegy board? I don't know the name... Anyways! I'm not gonna use it anymore, so can I give it back to your friend?"

I turned my head slightly. "Who..."

"I don't remember his name ahh! The boy with (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes, with the same parka as you I think"

I suddenly remembered. All that time with Karen made me completely forget about (Y/n).

"Ah! Fuck you're right! I hope he isn't too mad about this... I can't believe I didn't check up on him, not even once!"

"You know who I'm talking about?"

"Yes"

I sighed.

"Oh my good, I have to check if he's okay."

"Okay, so, do you know his address? Or phone number?"

I thought for a bit.

"Yeah, I think I remember his address. His house was like half an hour from school and shit"

I started spelling the name of the street that barely kept in my mind. After I gave her all the information she smiled and nodded.

"Okay, I'm going to give him the board now. So, thanks for talking to me Kenny! And sorry if you got worried about me, I'll be okay on my own now so you don't need to worry anymore okay?"

I smiled and nodded.

"So, you can talk to your friends from now on."

"If he even wants to talk to me back that is"

"Okay, bye! I love you!" She picked up the board and piece and stood up preparing to leave.

I hugged her even tho she didn't feel it and followed her as she headed to my old copy cat's house. It was a long journey and it gave me time to think.

"How does he look like again?" I tried remembering but his face was very blurry in my head. I remembered better all those awkward moments that happened like the sleeping together and he thinking I was hot thing... And wow, looking back on it, I acted very VERY gay with him... It's gonna be embarrassing talking to him again after such a long break.

"Ugh, so far away" I heard Karen complain. I looked around, we weren't even half way there. It was weird to be outside, I didn't even notice that I spent so long inside my dirty house. Seeing people again, feeling the breeze again, it was very nice. The flowers were blooming and the birds were singing, it seemed straight out of a Disney movie.

Half an hour later we were in front of his house's door, Karen tired from all the walking.

"Oh my god, this was a lot" she sat down on the stairs and breathed. I floated next to her, trying to see inside the window but the blinds were closed. She got up again and rang the doorbell.

"Ahhh, I'm kinda nervous not gonna lie" I said scratching my head.

I could hear footsteps approaching the door and my heart started beating faster and faster.

"Ok, calm down, it's gonna be fine, he's your friend...

HE'S NOT MY FRIEND!! I BASICALLY TOOK A SHIT ON OUR SO CALLED 'FRIENDSHIP' WHEN I MADE HIM GIVE THE BOARD TO KAREN!

Okay no no no, calm down! It's going to be fine! Just apologize! And be polite!"

The door was opening in slow motion.

"I wonder how he is, if he changed a lot. Last time I saw him he was shorter than me, has he grown since then?

The door opened completely and I froze.

"Karen?" The raspy voice asked. He looked up to my face and smiled. "Kenny"

"D a m i e n"