25

"Kenny!" I spoke louder between heavy breathing.

"D-e-a-l-i-s-o-u-t" he paused "e-i-t-h-e-r-y-o-u-d-o-i-t-o-r-m-e"

"That's not fair! I'm the one who made the deal with Damien! I should be the one to choose if I want to go back on it or not!" I got up and started circling my room while thinking out loud.

"I'm not going to give it back, I'm not! Why would I?! Kenny is literally the reason why I can get through school! Why would I give that up! Why would HE want to give that up! Is he trying to hide the fact that he doesn't like me anymore?! Is that it?!"

I felt his arms wrap around me as my head spiraled.

"I'm not letting you do this."

He stopped hugging me.

"It's my choice, and I want to keep talking to you, doesn't matter if I have to die everyday..."

His hands touched my face. He wanted to show me that he wanted me to be safe but I just couldn't accept it.

"I'm going to hide the board! That way Damien won't know where it is! I'm sorry Kenny but I can't afford to lose you!" I picked up the board and hid it under some folded t-shirts in my last drawer. With the piece in my hands I waited for any touch from him.

"Are you angry!?" I started panicking. "I'm sorry okay?! I-I can't lose you! I just can't lose you!" My head was drowned with the idea of never talking to Kenny again, spending the rest of my days alone. I've gotten so used to him, to his company, to whatever we had, to lose it all now was just unbelievable. It was stupid for me to be so afraid of being alone, after all I had spent my highschool years all alone without any friends so going back to that shouldn't be scary ... But it was, it was horrifying. Kenny meant so much to me, I wanted to be selfish and keep him just for myself.

A panic attack was slowly starting when I heard a knock at my front door. It was very late so I had no idea who it could be. I went downstairs and opened the door. My heart sank.

"NO NO NO NO! GET OUT! GET OUT!!" I pushed the tall boy in front of me but he just brushed me aside and went upstairs.

"Hello to you too" Damien said with his usually annoyed voice.

I ran after him and grabbed his arm to stop him from entering my room.

"YOU CAN'T GO IN THERE! YOU NEED TO GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK!"

"Look kid, I want the board back, Kenny wants to be miserable again, just let me get over with it already" he opened my door and entered my room. I looked at him in panic, wishing that he would not find where I hid the board.

"S-see! It's not here! You can leave now!" I felt my heart beating faster and my hands shaking. He stopped for a bit and then headed to my drawers.

"Okay thanks Kenny" he said after opening the last one and taking the board out.

"NO!" I jumped towards him, slapping the board out of his hands. I knew I was acting on impulse but I couldn't control it.

"What the fuck, look at yourself, you're acting like a wild animal" he took a good look at my face. "Wow... You look like a depressed zombie, does the board mean that much to you?"

"YES! YES IT DOES!" I said desperately with my vision getting blurry from the tears forming in my eyes.

"Ahahah... I have an idea..." He smiled and then snapped his fingers looking at me. I closed my eyes for a bit and then opened them again.

I saw Kenny behind Damien looking down, not moving. Looking at his face was the last straw. I couldn't control it anymore and started crying like a baby, my body almost giving in to the weakness I was feeling.

"Kenny, why are you doing this?" I asked. He looked to the side avoiding me eyes. I stepped forward, past Damien, and grabbed his arms. "WHY?! I TOLD YOU I DIDN'T MIND DYING! I TOLD YOU I DIDN'T CARE ABOUT ALL OF THAT! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!" I could feel anger take over my head. He moved his arms slowly until they were around me. He hugged me with a lot of strength while I cried, my entire body numb.

This was really happening...

It was the last time I would talk to Kenny....

I hugged back and sobbed in his shoulders. We were both hugging very agressively, trying to hold on to each other as the clock ticked. Who knew how long we had left.

"You know what?" Damien said from behind us. We both looked back with red eyes. "This might be better than I thought!"

I could feel Kenny's anger, if he could he would kill that demon bastard right there.

"You're both going to be so miserable after I take the board and the piece, it's going to be HILARIOUS! I should have done this a loooooong time ago!" He laughed while walking away. "See ya at school" he snapped his fingers again and my vision went black. I also noticed an emptiness in my pocket where the piece once was.

I opened my eyes to see my empty room. I fell to the ground and curled up in a ball. This was too much to take in...

The silence.

The nothingness.

When I talked to Kenny we were in silence but somehow, I always felt like I could hear his voice in the back of my head. But now... Now it was empty. Nothing. No one.

I moved from the floor to my bed and covered myself with my blankets, hiding from the world and letting my feelings out.

This wasn't happening.