20

I stopped.

"Ahah... What?"

Damien examined me, looking up and down, judging me with his devilish grin on. "Yeah, you're almost as miserable as him, watching you die wouldn't be much of a different"

I watched in silence as he got closer to me, smiling. Once he was inches away from my face he tilted his head and asked me very softly. "Die for me will you?"

I got up pushing him away immediately a bit red, he was officially too close.

"This is ridiculous! Why would I die for your enjoyment?!"

"If you don't want to then just tell me where the board is" he got up, now with a more casual tone. "It's your choice afterall"

"B-but this isn't fair! Can't you just not? Just, why do you need to see people suffer?"

"Why wouldn't I?!" He opened his eyes allowing me to see the psychopath inside of him. "Their expressions when their hearts get broken, their tears as everything crumbles down around them, the emptiness and loneliness they feel constantly! Seeing people in pain gives me such a thrill! Like you humans see babies laughing, marriage proposals and I don't know, soldiers comming back to their families. For me that's so boring!"

"So you're crazy and I'm supposed to be your little toy now that Kenny isn't anymore?"

"Hmmm... You put it in a way that sounds more enjoyable for you then it actually is. Let me explain this to you. I'm not going to play with you, I'm going to kill you, over and over and over. And then revive you so I can kill you again. And let me clear things a bit, you will feel the pain, and remember it very well..."

I gulped.

"Fuck..."

He smiled at me with his eyes closed. It was a really difficult choice. Either I give up Kenny's chances to talk to people and make him suffer, or I give up my life for this guy's enjoyment...

"Can you give me some time to think?" I asked politely.

"No"

"Ugh... Okay then... Fuck I don't know" I was genuinely conflicted with what to do. Trying to divide both options with pros and cons seemed much harder when it was all in my head, going around and mixing everything.

"C'mon Kenny 2, decide already, I don't have all day"

Kenny 2...

I was already treated like Kenny everywhere I went, might as well replace Kenny in something actually useful. That way, he'd finally break out of his painful cycle. And also, what bad was it dying if I would just come back to life the next second? After thinking a lot about that, it made it very clear the right choice to make.

"Okay, I'll take Kenny's place" I sighed.

He stood out his hand and waited for mine. Once we shook hands the deal was sealed. Damien immediately smiled and pulled out a knife out of his pocket.

"Woah, okay, calm down now!" I panicked scared to death.

He grabbed me by the shoulder and whispered in my ear as I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. "The fun is only starting"

Back to (Y/n)'s room, after Damien and (Y/n) explained what happened to Kenny.

Kenny's pov

I stood there in silence looking at Damien, not believing a word I heard.

(Y/n) ... He agreed to die so I could keep using the board.... He sacrificed himself for me? A complete stranger?!

I turned around to face him. He looked at me embarrassed, rubbing the back of his neck. I slowly reached up to him and grabbed his shoulders. He looked up to me a bit confused.

"WHAT THE FUCK! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" I screamed in his face that went pale in seconds. He closed his eyes and smiled nervously as sweat ran down his forehead. I didn't know if I should be mad or happy, in a mixture of both I just pushed him into a hug.

"I can't believe you fucking did this ... Thank you! But also are you stupid?!" Before he could hug me back and enjoy my embrace I pushed back to look him in the face and scold him like an angry mom. "I'm already used to dying! I'm used to being ignored! This is all new for you, you have no idea how much you're going to suffer!"

He shrugged not knowing what to say, awkwardly laughing a bit while I sighed. What was done was done...

"Kenny, don't try to hide it. You're glad this is happening. You can keep talking to your boyfriend and I get to have fun!"

"BOYFRIEND?!" We both screamed at the same time. Our faces growing red by the minute.

"Look guys, my dad's gay, I know one when I see one"

I looked to (Y/n) expecting an angry reply but instead he just turned to the side hiding his face with his hands.

"YOU'RE SUCH A FUCKING DICKHEAD!" I approached him, ready to make him suffer for making the situation super awkward. But before I could choke him with my cold dead hands (Y/n) started murmuring from behind.

"You shouldn't joke about that"

Damien and I looked back at him. His face was calming down.

"Those jokes make Kenny uncomfortable, you should stop"

My heart hurt hearing those words. Did I really look like that much of an asshole for him?

"Wow, this smells like drama and heartbreak. Please, go on" Damien replied making a bucket of popcorn appear in front of him. "So, (Y/n), do you or do you not like Kenny?"

I looked at him angry, such a straightforward question was bound to have great consequences.

"Dude! I don't know ... Does it matter? He hates me either way!"

"WHAT? I don't hate you!" I screamed back.

"You kinda do though! I acted selfishly about the board, and I even stole your place in your friend group!"

"Pffft- that wasn't your fault! Well the board kinda was but besides that, you've only been a good person! How can I hate someone that has been helping me so much?!"

He shrugged looking down. I rolled my eyes and came closer to him.

"Look man, I really fucking appreciate you okay? Don't doubt that!"

"You don't" he looked down. I grabbed his face and made him look me in the eyes.

"I do, truly. And I wish I could pay you back for everything. Even after seeing you get almost killed for weeks, suffering because of my so-called friends and even getting bullied by Cartman because of my selfishness, I still didn't do anything! I'm so sorry! You're so much better than me, I'm surprised you don't hate me!" I said sincerely. He slowly looked up at me with his shiny (e/c) eyes.

"Honestly, how could I hate such a hot ghost though-" he joked. He thought of what he had just said and looked down incredibly embarrassed and red. "I-I'm sorry! That was so lame and stupid! Fuck I didn't- ahhh-"

I laughed at his adorable reaction. He saw me laugh and got more comfortable. He both smiled and looked at each other. I could feel it, not his energy but something stronger... something beyond just us. I moved my head closer as my hand held his head carefully. He closed his eyes slowly and so did I, both knowing what was going to happen. I could feel my heart pounding but that wasn't going to stop me.

Our faces grew closer

And closer ...

"OKAY! Okay! That's enough!" Damien said throwing his popcorn on the floor.

Me and (Y/n) opened our eyes from the sudden voice. We both died a bit inside, we were inches away from kissing, if only that motherfucker wasn't there ... If only ...