23

Kenny's pov

With each week that went by, I'd fall harder for this peculiar boy. He seemed to surprise me everytime. Everytime I was with him I would forget that I was a ghost, he made me feel just like anybody else, living and breathing. I had decided that my duty as (Y/n)'s boyfriend (basically) was to protect him at all costs. The hardest thing was protecting him from myself. I consider myself a polite, nice person but I have a beast inside that I can't hide. I mean, he's seen my room, he knows that it's that bad. It was a battle between me and the beast everytime he'd take off his clothes or go to bed. Not to mention when he would take showers, but I had a limit, and that was it, I'd just wait outside the door like a puppy waiting for his owner to come back home.

It's weird when I think about it because if I was alive I don't think I would have ever noticed this random dude. At first I did think he was just a smol shy boy, but after getting to know him, he was so much more, and I loved every single thing he was. But I know that if I was alive right now, I would SMASH!! I would absolutely spend all my minutes and seconds kissing every inch of his adorable and hot body...

I hope I don't sound creepy...

Even though that feeling was amazing, I knew in the back of my mind that this wasn't right. While I was enjoying myself, he was dying tons of times a day, for me... It felt wrong... Watching him die over and over, knowing that you never get used to the pain, knowing that it's pointless trying to avoid it because it always happens when you least expect it. I knew what it was like, and I didn't wish it upon anyone, not even Cartman. So why was I letting this happen to the boy I loved.

I knew why, but it was such a selfish reason, I hated myself for it.

I wanted to talk to him, I wanted him to know I was there, I wanted to be heard. Going back to my isolated cage of being a ghost was too painful, it took mental strength I didn't have yet. But was it fair for (Y/n)? No, definitely not. With each day that passed my sense of guilt grew and consumed me, I couldn't bare with the weight of his deaths on my shoulders.

What could I do... After all, I was just a useless ghost that can't do anything...

Well, I could do one thing, but I don't think it would end well...

Some months went by, and I now had (Y/n)'s dead face stamped in my head. Everytime we were in public I would get extremely anxious, scared of him suddenly dying in front of me as he usually did. I had multiple nightmares where he'd cry and blame me for it, where he would ask me why, why I was putting him through so much pain...

One day we were walking to class, I was holding his hand, looking at every corner searching for potential causes of death. But it was useless, because Damien came in front of him and stabbed him in the stomach right away. I watched horrified as he fell to the ground, bleeding and groaning with pain. I kneeled down and hugged him to make sure he wasn't alone when he died. I always did this, it was the least I could do.

Once his body was too weak to breath, I stood up slowly and looked at Damien.

"I can't do this anymore"

"What do you mean?" He asked me confused.

"I can't keep watching him die like this, it's too much for me. And it's all my fault! Please, you have to help me" I begged full of despair.

"It if bothers you so much, just don't come to school with him. You know he only dies when I'm around."

"I know, obviously. But leaving him alone during the day would make me feel even worse, it's my fault, I want to at least be there for him when he suffers."

"Ugh, so cheesy just shut up" he scoffed.

"Damien!" I grabbed his arms to make him look at me. "Please, is there anyway you can stop this?!"

"Hmmm...." He thought for a while "there is, but I don't think you would like it that much"

"I'll do anything, just say it" I said without any hesitation.

"You could give me the board back. We'd go back to how everything was before. (Y/n) lives his mediocre life without talking to any horny ghosts, and you go back to being lonely and depressed, my victim that suffers for my enjoyment"

"Wait... Isn't there anything else I can do?!" I asked afraid of that being my only choice. I knew for a fact that not talking to (Y/n) anymore would hurt him immensely. I was his only friend, maybe even more, he needed me to help him with school and anxiety. And for more that I didn't want to admit, I needed him too. He was my life support, the only thing keeping me from falling into total despair. I knew for a fact that without the board, our relationship would die. I would obviously still see, hear and feel him, but him? He would just be talking to air...

"Nope, but hey, I'm going to be nice and give you all the time you want to think about it" Damien smiled and then snapped his fingers bringing (Y/n) back to life. I hurried to hug him with all my strength and kiss his forehead.

"I'm so sorry" I said while hugging him again.

"Well, I'm off to the cafeteria" he left without even saying goodbye.

"I hope you choke!" (Y/n) replied flipping him off.

"We'll see who's going to choke" Damien screamed from the end of the hallway while laughing.

"Fucking idiot" I heard the small boy murmur. I put my arm around him.

"Don't worry, everything will go back to normal in no time... Even if it means ... Fuck"