27

Hours went by and I watched as my surroundings changed. We were above a huge city full of high buildings and fast cars. I looked around amazed, I had never seen so much movement in such a small place. The plane was getting closer to the airport and I got ready to leave. Once in the airport I discovered I was in New York.

"Dope!" I thought. I went to the busy streets and looked at all the tall buildings that looked even bigger than before. I wandered not too far from the airport. After spending an afternoon visiting multiple places such as parks and stores, I decided to go back to the airport and choose my next destination.

I looked up to the planes boarding soon. I read the big screen with the names as if it was a restaurant menu.

"Hmmm...
Texas,
Miami
or
Frankfurt! Oooh! Germany!" I jumped a bit with excitement. Leaving America should be interesting!

"I wonder if (Y/n) likes to travel..."

Not letting the thought destroy the fun, I ran to the Frankfurt terminal. A huge line of people were showing their tickets to the workers. I laughed at them peasants, having to wait in line while I could just fly in front of them. I entered the plane and sat down in a nice place near the window. I watched the workers carry the heavy bags and throwing them inside of the plane. Soon people started coming in and the places were getting occupied. Mine was no different. An old business men came and sat right on top of me. I gagged and got up immediately. I waited for everyone to sit down in one of the corners of the ceiling and searched for a free spot. I found a seat next to a mom and her kid, not the best spot but it was all I had. I sat down annoyed, knowing the costs of being near a child in an airplane.

"Mom! How long until we fly?" The petite boy with glasses asked. I rolled my eyes.

"It started"

The mom shushed him immediately. "Shhh, quiet now."

"But mom! I want to fly! I want to see the clouds!!" He said jumping in his seat, almost breaking his seatbelt. It was possible to hear a few "shhh!" From the other passengers.

A nice lady called out for everyone and started doing a weird dance while explaining some safety stuff I didn't really understand. After she was finally done, she went through everyone's seats to check if the seatbelt was put correctly. Ignoring the fact that she completely forgot to check mine, everything was ready to start flying.

The plane moved slowly. I grabbed the sides of the chair and looked around.

"Oh shit, okay, it's my first time in a plane but it's fine, it's gonna be fine" I breathed in.

"WE'RE MOVING!! LOOK!" The kid next to me pointed to the window with excitement.

We were going extremely fast, I started feeling my heart sink.

"Is this thing even gonna fly? It's so big and heavy!"

The plane suddenly went up, making me drown in my seat in terror as the kid besides me smiled as high as he could.

The noise was unbearable. It was so loud I couldn't hear my own thoughts, only the screams from the nine year old next to me.

I looked out the window and calmed down at the sight. We were so high up. It was beautiful. The lights from the buildings looked like stars around us. I yawned and got comfortable in my seat.

"It's been a while since I've had a good night of sleep" I closed my eyes for a bit.

"MOM! I'm hungry"

I opened my eyes and stared at the kid. Then sighed and crossed my arms now more annoyed. "I just wanna sleep god damnit"

I moved a bit in my place and then opened my eyes. I looked around me confused.