35

I woke up in my bed, tired, emotionally and physically. It had been maybe 3/4 days since that talk with (Y/n) and my brain was still a mess. Karen came in the room jumping and dancing.

"Good morning big brother!" She opened the dirty cloths that I used as blinds.

"Morning" I replied turning my head to her. I smiled a bit. She tilted her head worried.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah... Just tired" I covered my face with my blanket and curled up to a ball. She grabbed the blanket and pulled it down so she could look at my eyes.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I looked at her face. My sister, worried about me, her older brother. I was supposed to be the bigger and stronger older brother that protects her...

"It's okay Karen. Tell mom I'm sick okay?"

She looked at me for a while and then sighed. She kissed my forehead and left my room.

I burried myself in my one old blanket and closed my eyes. Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep. I woke maybe 2/3 hours later and looked around my room. The sun wasn't as strong as before. I picked up my phone and was overwhelmed by a bunch of missed messages and calls.

Kyle 9:24am : "Kenny, are you okay?"

Butters 10:30am : "Hi! Sorry to message you but you didn't come to school today, are you okay? Is it because I forgot to buy you the KitKat? I can buy you today! I hope you're okay! From butters!"

Stan 10:42am : "u good?"

As I continued to scroll down my brain started thinking of excuses to give as of why I missed.

Copycat<3 10:50am : "hey...."

Copycat<3 11:12am : "are you okay?"

Copycat<3 11:20am : "I didn't see you in your class today, did you miss school?"

Copycat<3 11:28am : "Kenny? Are you there?"

Copycat<3 12:40am : "Is this because of what happened? I'm sorry..."

I calmly put my phone down again and breathed in. "Jesus Christ..."

After preparing myself to face the world, I got up and headed to the bathroom to wash my face. Looking at my face was disappointing, I almost looked like a zombie... I groaned and left to the kitchen.

"Hmm, lucky me" I thought when I saw that the house was empty. I took out an energy bar and sat on the living room sofa watching TV. I put some stupid reality show on and emptied my mind. For more that I wanted to be brain dead I couldn't help but think and worry about (Y/n) all alone in school. After half an hour of TV, my mom entered the house carrying the groceries.

"Kenny, how are you feeling?"

"Meeeeeeh" I replied not looking away from the TV.

"I'll fix you up a good soup." She went past me to the kitchen. I sighed and got up. The last thing I wanted was to be around people so I just left the house and started walking down the street. I walked and walked until I was in front of the school.

"It's not too late to go in." A side of me tried convincing me to do the right thing.

"Hmmm... Nah, I'm already too late" I turned around ready to walk home when a hand grabbed my shoulder.

"Ughhhhh" I turned around to face the black haired boy with a very annoyed face.

"McCormick, care to explain?"