31

Satan looked at me for a while. "He looks normal to me"

Damien sighed. He turned to me and grabbed my hand pulling me closer.

"This boy right here somehow got the broken Ouiji board to work! He also could feel ghosts! And when he was supposed to forget about everything that happened last year, he didn't! He did but it affected him for some reason! It doesn't make any sense" he screamed while cutting the circulation in my hand by grabbing it so aggressively.

"Hmmm... So he isn't like the others huh?"

"Excuse me, I think I am pretty much the most basic person you'll ever find... So, I don't think there's anything that special about me" I said awkwardly.

"Shut up! Let the adults talk" Damien shushed me. I just looked at him with a disgusted face.

"Now son, there is a way for a mortal to connect so much with the dead. But it's very rare"

"What is it?!" The boy jumped dying with curiosity. I have to admit I also pretty interested to know.

"When a human dies for a few minutes or even seconds, a bit of their soul and energy connects to the world of the dead. Not fully, but it's enough to experience more than normal people"

Damien looked at me surprised. I stood in silence for a bit not really processing anything that had been said. My mind was still telling me I was in some crazy dream even though it all felt super real.

"YOU DIED?!" Damien came closer to me opening his eyes amazed. "HOW DID IT HAPPEN?! DO YOU REMEMBER ANYTHING FROM IT?"

"Hmmm..." I thought for a bit. "Oh! Yeah! My mom told me about it!"

Damien smiled waiting for my epic story of how I died for some seconds and came back to life.

"So..." I began. "When I was born I guess I died for a bit and the doctors had to do some weird CPR on me and then put some tubes in me... Yeah that's it"

"That's it?" He looked at me extremely disappointed.

"Yup, I think so"

"UGH!" He groaned loudly. "That is so boring! Does that even count?"

"Apperantly." Satan confirmed.

"Hey! I still died for a few seconds! It's still pretty cool right?"

"Okay that was all, thanks dad"

"DON'T IGNORE ME!" I said offended. "W-what about this crazy shit that has been happening to me? Is that special at all or am I just going nuts?"

"Crazy shit?" Satan looked at me curious. Damien sighed and shook his head.

"Somehow, Kenny's revival affected him" Damien replied not giving a shit.

"Revival? Kenny? Wait what?" For some reason it kinda made sense in my mind, but it also sounded like something from a fantasy book.

"Oh! Poor boy, he must be so confused then!" Satan smiled and came closer to me. I don't know why but after seeing him being so kind to Damien, this huge red monster didn't scare me as much. "Look huuum..."

"(Y/n)" I hurried to tell him my name.

"(Y/n), right. Look, your friend Kenny is a very special person! You see, when he was young he was cursed! And so-"

"Can you please not talk to him like he's a baby" Damien rolled his eyes annoyed. "Point of the story is Kenny dies a lot but always comes back to life after it. But here's the trick you little fucker"

He stepped closer and hit my forehead with his fingers.

"Ow"

"When Kenny comes back to life, no one remembers him ever dying, in fact, everything goes back to normal and their lifes stay like they were before Kenny died"

"Wait... So Kenny died?" I asked a bit confused. "I mean, now that you mention it, I feel like I already knew that"

"See!" Damien pointed at me while looking at his dad. His father closed his eyes a bit to think.

"Well son, here's the thing. Kenny's deaths aren't our doing but a curse. I don't think your friend dying for a bit as a baby had anything to do with him remembering Kenny"

"B-but! Then why is he like this?!"

I had nearly no idea what was happening so I just stood in my place in silence listening to the conversation.

"It is hard for me to find an explanation I must admit." Satan looked very troubled and seeing him troubled made me worry a lot about what was happening to me.

"Even if they had some weird relationship going on, it still shouldn't affect him"

"We didn't! It was complicated!" Words left my mouth before I could even process them. Both looked at me right away. After a minute of silence they went back to pretending I wasn't there.

"A relationship you say?"

"Well, yeah, for most of the time Kenny was with him and they kissed and stuff so I assumed they were dating"

"How long was Kenny with this boy, 1 week? 2 weeks?"

"Hmm... 10 months almost? It's actually easier to count the time he wasn't with him"

"WHAT?!" The floor around Satan burned in flames as his hands formed big fists.

Damien almost shrinked from fear.

"YOU'RE TELLING ME KENNY SPENT ALMOST AN YEAR WITH THIS BOY?! WHILE BEING DEAD?!"

"y-yes..." Damien's voice was barely heard.

Satan breathed in heavily and closed his eyes to calm down. It was slightly awkward to stand there watching everything, but my curiosity was killing me to know everything.

"Damien... (Y/n)'s year was spent with Kenny... And they even had a special bond... You honestly expected him to just magically go back to normal after his entire year had been so affected by Kenny?"

"..." Damien kept shut.

I took the time to rethink everything they had said so far... It didn't fit my head correctly but it made a bit of sense. The previous year was so blurry to me, I couldn't remember anything besides small tedious things like doing homework, eating, sleeping, etc. But I did feel like something was missing in it. And being Kenny would explain why I felt that his face was so familiar to me after looking at him in the bathroom... This all sounded so unbelievable, like it was from a movie.

The more they said the more I would remember certain moments and feelings. Mentioning a relationship with Kenny made me feel a huge need of being with him. Suddenly, my memories of his person would change to pleasant feelings of love, naiveness and embarrassment.

"I need to talk to Kenny..." I talked to myself.

"NO!" Damien immediately turned back to me.

"What, why?"

"We don't know if this might have consequences! Kenny's curse was given by an unknown entity. So powerful and strong not even we can break it. Messing with It's rules can break our entire reality or even worse, who knows!"

I gulped.

"R-really?"

He stepped closer to me with his eyes wide open. "Really"