13

I felt a huge wave of regret ... My heart sank... I couldn't believe he was actually going to help me, even after I screamed at him and insulted him. I didn't know what to say, so I just followed him now full of remorse.

He stopped in front of my front door and checked his phone. I could read the messages clearly now. He had asked Kyle for my address...

He knocked on the door and while waiting I heard his voice whispering.

"I'm sorry" he said quietly but loud enough for me to hear. I froze on the spot, I felt all the words that I screamed to him come back to me and stabbing me in the face. I wanted to apologize but I knew my chances to talk to him were over.

The door opened. All my emotions changed to hate when I saw his face.

"Who are you?" My dad asked while drinking his disguting beer.

"I wanted to talk to Karen, it's important, it's about Kenny. Me and Kenny were in the same sch-"

"Yeah yeah, whatever, she's in his room. It's the first door to the left." He said going back to the couch.

(Y/n) stepped inside unsure if he was in a house or a garage. Beers everywhere, some tires, some rats eating leftovers in the corners, absolutely disgusting... I did not miss this place, compared to my copycat's nice and cozy house, this was practically a dumpster. He continued and knocked on my bedroom door. A faint voice was heard from inside.

"Who is it?" Karen asked. I smiled from hearing her voice once again.

"I-It's (Y/n), I'm in Kenny's school"

The door opened and (Y/n) looked down to my tiny adorable sister. Sadly, she looked like she had been crying. The boy looked surprised.

"I thought- he said ... You're his sister Karen right?"

Karen nodded.

"I thought you were older for some reason."

"Why are you here?" She asked.

He looked back to my drunk dad and then turned back to her. "Can we talk inside?"

She was suspicious but she let him in.
I noticed his energy has changed a bit and that's when I remembered that my room was covered in posters of naked ladies and playboy covers. I desperately tried hiding them, forgetting the fact that I was invisible. As my face heated up and I tried taking the posters down, Karen sat down with him on the floor. He pulled the board and the piece out and sighed.

"Karen, I'm going to tell you something and I'm hoping you'll believe because it's really important" I looked back at him. He was visibly nervous but trying to not to stutter and say everything clearly.

"Okay... What is it?"

"You know what this is?" He pointed at the board. She shrugged. He sighed once again. "This is an Ouija board, it allows people to talk to huh... Ghosts"

Her eyes opened wide.

"Yesterday I used this and ..." He paused.

"What? You what?!" She said curious.

"I talked to your brother Kenny"

She didn't move a muscle. He gulped. He really didn't want to scare her.

"Your brother, well, he told me he wants to talk to you... More than anything else" he said, his voice cracking a bit.

She looked at him excited.

"CAN I TALK TO HIM?!"

"Yes, I'll show you!" He grabbed her hands and put them on the piece. "So, you just have to concentrate on this piece and then ask a question. Once you ask a question the piece- your brother will move the piece so it spells out the answer. Understand?"

She nodded with excitement. Her energy was full of happiness and hope, it was so much that I couldn't help but smile myself.

"Kenny? Are you here?" She asked looking around the room. I chuckled and moved the piece. "OH MY GOD! IT'S MOVING!"

(Y/n) laughed at her reaction. I landed the piece on yes and she jumped up cheering. I smiled at her, seeing her this happy was incredibly calming.

She sat down immediately and touched the piece again.

"Sorry" she said embarrassed.

"It's okay, it is pretty amazing that it works right?"

She smiled and nodded.

"Your turn!" She said.

"What?" The boy asked confused.

"It's your turn to ask a question!"

"Oh, don't worry about that, I talked with Kenny a lot before, I think he's already tired of hearing me by now" he joked but I could see that he was a bit hurt. I looked down feeling bad for what I had done before. I had to apologize to him... But now didn't feel like the right time.

"Oh c'mon, you brought this all the way to me, it's only fair you ask a question too!"

"Okay then..." He breathed in and out. I waited for his question, scared that he was going to insult me. "Kenny, do you... Wow this really awkward" he said laughing anxiously.

"Just say it! I want to ask my question!" Karen said impatiently.

"Sorry." He touched the piece again. "Kenny, I'm sorry for a while ago, do you forgive me?"

I moved the piece to yes as quickly as I could.

"Dude! I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions, god, I feel terrible really... I should be the one asking for forgiveness."

He sighed relieved.

"Wow, that was dramatic... Anyways, my turn!" Karen said excitedly. "Kenny! Are you okay? Are you safe?? I miss you a lot, I hope you're not lonely, I hope you have a lot of ghost friends to keep you company!"

I smiled. And then stopped to think what exactly should I answer to all of that.

"B-e-t-t-e-r-n-o-w"

"Betternow?" Karen repeated confused. (Y/n) chuckled.

"Better now. I think he's trying to say he's doing better now that he's talking to you" he said smiling to her.

"Ooooooh!! I'm also better now! I was so sad before, I'm definitely happier now that I know Kenny is okay!"

I jumped to hug Karen and then I noticed... She couldn't feel me. Even while holding the piece she couldn't feel me. I looked at (Y/n) suspiciously and poked his cheek.

"Oh! That's right!" He said reacting to my touch. "You can also feel him touching you when you're touching this piece. So if you want you can take it to places with you and you'll feel when he touches you."

"REALLY?! KENNY! CAN YOU BOOP MY NOSE RIGHT NOW?!"

I laughed and booped her nose. There was no reaction. I booped her nose again and again.

"Kenny?"

"What's wrong?" The boy asked confused.

"I can't feel anything"