Chapter 13

- The result shows that your ovaries is shutting down. The nurse said looking at you with pity. 

- W-what do you mean? You asked shocked as tears started building up in your eyes.

- Normally when a woman is about 40-50 years old she goes into something called menopause. And it is basically that your ovaries is running out of eggs. And that is what is happening to you... but about 25 years too soon. She explained.

You looked at her, shocked. Her words slowly sank into your head and you tried to process it. You could never had imagined that this would happen to you.

- There is still a chance for you to get pregnant the natural way but the chances are ratery small. She said, smiling slightly as she caressed you back softly and calming.

- What are my options? You asked, feeling soft tears roll down your red cheeks.

- You can have an egg donation or adopt but there is also something called IVF, in your state it would be hard because you have a really low AMH level which means that you don't have so many eggs left. There is one thing you need to take a shoot in your stomach (google it if you want). You can always try for a couple of months before doing IVF because there is still a chance. She explained.

- Ehm I don't know what to say. You started, trying to find the right words but the nurse cut you off.

I know this is really overwhelming and you need time to process it, I suggest that you go home, talk to your husband and think about what you want to do, and we can book an appointment in two weeks. You must not have decided by then but we can talk and give your more information.

- Ok, thank you. You said standing up.

- Anytime, and Y/N if you have any questions just give me a call. She said, slightly smiling and you left.

When you sat in the car you broke down crying completely. You sat behind the wheel, with your head resting against it, trying to catch your breath. You sat there for about 20 minutes before you had calmed yourself down a little. You didn't drive home instead you drove to your friends apartment.

You stood there in your broken state, banging on the door still crying. Y/F/N opened the door and when she saw you her eyes widened and she ran up to you and hugged you tightly. You stood there sobbing while Y/F/N was holding you in her embrace. She dragged you inside the apartment, still holding you.

- What happened Y/N? Y/F/N asked after a while.

- I-I. You tried to say in between the sobs but it was impossible to understand what you were saying.

- Y/F/N let go of you and then went into the living room, she sat you down on the couch and then gave you a blanket. You wrapped it around your shaking body.

- I will make some hot chocolate for you.

You sat there, just staring into thin air as you tried to trying collect yourself. Y/F/N came back after a couple of minutes with a cup of hot chocolate. She gave you the cup and then sat down next to you.

- Y/N what happened? Your friend asked looking at you concerned.

- I may not be able to have kids. You whispered still sobbing.

- Wait what? Explain from the beginning.

You explained everything that had happened since the sleepover, how you and Jungkook talked and decided that both of you wanted another child, and how you had been trying for quite some time now and that you had been having this feeling that something was not right. Then you explained what the nurse had said earlier and that Jungkook still didn't know you went to the doctors in the first place.