Chapter 31

You, Jungkook and the doctors walked back to Jeonsan room. He was sleeping on his bed. The doctors gave you a supporting smile and then left. You sighted and sat down on a chair. Jungkook sat next to you. You both sat down and waited for Jeonsan to wake up. You thought about how to tell him the news in an easy way but you knew it was going to be hard. You sat deep in your thoughts when you heard a noise from the hospital bed. You looked up and saw Jeonsan sitting up on the bed as he rubbed his eyes tiringly with his small hands, a pout on his lips.

- Eomma? Jeonsan said confusingly with his sleepy voice.

- Yes sweetie. You said and walked over to him, caressing his head.

- Where were you?

- Me and appa were talking with the doctors about your tests results. You said slowly, trying not to break down in front of him.

- We need to talk to you about something really important. Jungkook said sitting down next to you on his son's bed.

You sighted and looked down at the floor. Jungkook intertwined your hands and caressed the top of it with his thumb. Your son looked confusingly at the both of you, scared of the reason why you both became so serious.

- Jeonsan what we are going to tell you is something that you may not know what it is but we will try to explain everything and just ask us or the doctors if you're wondering anything. You said taking Jeonsan small hand in your other one.

- O-ok. He said.

- So the doctors told us that you have this thing called Leukemia cancer, which is blood cancer.

- What is cancer? He asked.

- Cancer occurs because one or more cells in your body change and develop into cancer cells and Leukemia cancer is caused due to sick bone marrow cells. You said trying to explain as easy as you could.

- What is a boe mawow? The little boy asked, struggling to pronounce the new words he just heard.

- Bone marrow is a tissue that we have in our skeleton. Jungkook told him.

- What will happen to me? Jeonsan asked, looking you in your eyes with his big, doe ones.

- You will get treatment for this.

- The treatment will start with that you will get high doses of cytotoxic drugs, which is a form of cell inhibitory drug. And I know that's a lot of big words for you and you may not understand but you will later ok? Jungkook said.

- You need to stay at the hospital for about 4 weeks. And you need to be prepared that your treatment can take up to 2 and a half years. You said.

- But it doesn't have to take that long, hopefully it will take less time. Jungkook said.

- Jeonsan, I just want you to know that your body will change a lot during this time and you will probably lose your hair and have other side effects like sickness. You said.

He sat there quietly trying to process what you and Jungkook just had told him. Even if he was only 2 years old you knew he was a smart and strong kid, he will understand and he will fight this, he was a very determined young boy and he doesn't give up in the first place, this is something he got from his dad.

- Will I die? He asked quietly after a while.

When those words left his small lips your heart broke into millions of pieces. A child should never have to wonder if they are going to die. You felt tears roll down your cheeks as you looked at him, meeting his teary eyes. You bent down and hugged his tiny body tightly.