Chapter 30

- So the results show that he has leukemia cancer. The doctor said.

When she said those words the whole world stopped. It was the words you had feared the most. She continued to speak but you couldn't hear anything anymore, the only thing you could hear was the doctor's words as they echoed through your head over and over again. You felt tears roll down your cheeks and Jungkook's arms around you tightened to show that he was right beside you. You just stared out with empty eyes, not really seeing anything but still not having your eyes closed. Why did this happen to my son? You asked yourself. Why did stuff always happen to my family?

- H-he has c-cancer? You said with a broken voice after finally being able to form words.

- Yes I'm so sorry. Sorrow lingered in her voice.

Your sobs turned into cries and you lend your body onto Jungkook's and buried your face in his chest. He held you tight and creased your back calmingly. His chest rose up and down rapidly and you could tell by just his hitched breathing that he was also crying.

- I know it's a lot to take in right now, I will let you guys be alone for a while and we can discuss everything tomorrow. The doctor said and left.

You and Jungkook stood there in the hospital hallway in each other's embrace, the people that walked by stared at you with a pit. You placed your face on his chest and he rested his head on top of your head since he was much taller. His eyes and cheek were red and watery from his salty tears. You had never seen him cry this much before well he did when his children were born but those were happy tears, he never liked to show weakness. His eyes meet yours and he kissed your forehead hard and long as he squeezed his eyes shut. Your tears made his shirt wet. You both stood there for a while until you two had calmed down. You took a step back placing your hand on his cheek, caressing his cheekbone with his thumb. He took your hand that was on his cheek and pressed his face harder against it. He then kissed your hand and sighted.

- Should we go back? He may be awake now. Jungkook said.

You nodded and then dried away your tears. Jungkook fixed his shirt and intertwined your hands again and then both of you walked back into the hospital room. Jeonsan was sitting on his bed playing with his action figure you had made sure to bring here so he could play and distract himself. You put a fake smile on your face and walked up to him.

- Hi sweetie, how are you feeling? You asked.

- I feel a little bit better. He said and smiled.

- That's great to hear.

You watched him play, you sat there fake smiling while all you wanted to do was to lay down on your bed and cry. Jungkook stood behind you with his hands on your shoulders, pressing gentle kisses on your shoulder blade from time to time.

Next day:

You, Jungkook, and Jeonsan spent the night at the hospital and now you were waiting for the doctors to come. The night had been rough, you barely slept and your mind was everywhere, thinking about what the doctor had said. The three of you were currently eating lunch at the hospital room when two doctors came in.

- Mrs. and Mr. Jeon, can we speak with you for a moment?

- We will be back soon kiddo. Jungkook said to his son as the two of you left the room.

A nurse came in and took care of Jeonsan while you two were gone. The doctors took you to a room with a table and six chairs. You sat down and Jungkook sat next to you and the doctors sat on the other chairs in front of you.

- So Jeonsan has something called Acute lymphocytic leukemia or ALL as it is also called. ALL is a form of blood cancer. Unfortunately, it is a common form of cancer in children. But one good thing is that over 85 percent of all children with ALL get rid of the disease after treatment. One of the doctors explained.

- What will happen now? Jungkook asked after a while of silence.

- Before the treatment can begin, some preparation is required. For example, you need either a subcutaneous venous port or a central venous catheter. They make it easier to leave samples and get treatment. They are operated under the skin of the chest and then enter a large blood vessel. The doctor explained.

- We will do the operation tomorrow if he doesn't have any infections or something. The other doctor said.

- O-ok and the treatment? You asked waiting for them to continue.

- It is common for the treatment to start with high doses of cell inhibitory drugs. Then you need to be nursed in the hospital while the healthy bone marrow is recovering. He embraces that being in the hospital for 4-5 weeks, it depends on the time his bone marrow needs to recover.

The two doctors continued to explain how the treatment would be carried out and how long the recovery process is.

- The treatment can last from 3 months up to 2 and a half years. The doctor said.

You nodded your head trying to keep yourself from crying. Jungkook held your hand on your thigh the whole time, caressing it from time to time. After about 1 hour you had got all the information you need and now was just the hard part left. To tell Jeonsan.