Chapter 16

Back to the present:

Months had passed and you still weren't pregnant. You and Jungkook had tried everything but the tests always turned out negative. Even if you knew that the chances were small it still affected you and even if he didn't show it you knew it affected Jungkook as well. The day had come for your appointment at the doctors. It was currently at 1pm and you had your appointment at 5 pm. You had a day off and Y/D/N was at school so you decided to meet up with your friend.

As you were getting ready to meet your friend you got a text from Jungkook saying that he would be late so he would meet you there at the doctor's instead.

You meet up with your friend at a coffeé shop. As you walked inside the smell of newly baked bread, pastries and newly brewed coffee filled your nose, making a warm feeling spread over your body. You sat there and talked about your life in general and about the future.

- Omg, I have to tell you something! Y/F/N said with excitement.

- What? You asked curiously.

- I have a boyfriend. She said happily.

- Oh you have? That's amazing Y/F/N.

- Yeah, I really like him.

- I'm so happy for you,

- Thank you Y/N, btw don't you have your appointment today? Y/F/N asked changing the subject meaning also changing the mood from a cheerful one to a sad one.

- Yeah at 5 pm. You said.

- How do you feel?

- It's really hard and I feel so numb. Like I'm starting to accept the fact that I can't get pregnant the "normal" way and the best option is IVF, but it still sucks. You said sadly looking down at your hands.

- I get that, but you have a beautiful daughter and everything will be fixed in the end. Y/F/N said putting an arm around your shoulder comfortingly.

- Yeah you're right.

You and your friend talked for a while until it was time to pick up Y/D/N from school. Y/F/N was coming along because Y/D/N was going to be at her place until the appointment was over.

- Eomma you're here! Your daughter yelled once she saw you as she ran up to you.

- Hi sweetheart. You said hugging her, bringing her up in your arms, as she wrapped her small hands around your neck, kissing your cheek.

- Hi to you too kiddo. Y/F/N said laughing.

- Hi aunty Y/F/N. She said smiling.

You put her down and she hugged Y/F/N. You drove to your friend's apartment and dropped them off there.

- Bye Y/N and good luck. Your friend said before she ran inside, playing with your daughter.

- Thank you, and bye Y/F/N and Y/D/N. You said as you drove of.

During the whole ride to the hospital, your hands were shaking on the steering wheel due to nervosity. You dried the beads of sweat from your forehead with the back of your hand before you parked on the parking lot. Once you arrived you got escorted to a waiting room, waiting for your husband to arrive. You looked at the clock that was soon turning 5 pm but Jungkook was still not here. You decided to call him before the doctor came.

- Hi Kook where are you? The appointment is starting soon. You said nervously.

- Hi baby, I'm so sorry but I'm stuck in traffic, start without me and I will be there as soon a possible. Jungkook said.

- Oh, ok.

- Y/N it will go great I'm soon there. He said calming and I could feel his bunny smile on the other side of the phone.

- Ok, Bye Kook drive safe. You said.

- I will, bye I love you.

- I love you too. You said and then hung up.

As you put your phone down in your bag a doctor came in.

- Jeon Y/N? She asked.

- Yeah that's me. You said standing up.

She smiled warmingly, calming your nerves down a little bit. You followed her into a room and she gestured for you to sit down on the hospital bed as she sat down on her chair by her desk. The smell of chlorine stick in your nose making you frown.

- Welcome Y/N. The doctor said.

- Thank you. You said as you were fidgeting with your fingers due to nervosity.

- Aren't your husband here with you today? She asked and looked up from her computer.

- He is stuck in traffic but he will be here as soon as he can. You explained.

- Oh, ok, so today we will start with taking a pregnancy test just to make sure before we carry on with the IVF. We will also give you some more information and how the process goes.

- Ok.

- So we start with the pregnancy test. She said giving you a cup to pee in.

You walked to the bathroom and peed in the cup and then you went back to the room. The doctor took the test and after a few minutes, it was done.

- So Y/N the result is...

You stared at her, waiting for her to announce the results but just as she was going to say them your phone started ringing in your bag again.

- Can you wait a second? Maybe it's Jungkook. You said politely before picking up the call.

- Hello. You said.

- Hi is this Jeon Y/N? An unfamiliar voice asked.

- Yeah that is me.

- We are calling because your husband have been involved in an accident.