Chapter 39

(10 years later)

Babe! Join us in the water! Your husband shouted from the sea.

You and Jungkook had taken the kids on a vacation to the Maldives for 2 weeks, getting a break from the stressful work and daily life. Jungkook gave it to you on your 10th anniversary a few months ago. He had booked a big white beach house for your family. You were currently laying on a sunbed, feeling the sun slightly burning against your skin as Jungkook and the kids swam in the deep blue sea. You looked up from the magazine you were reading and saw Jungkook in the ocean playing with the kids, hearing their laughter from joy. You smiled and put your magazine down on the side table.

- I'm coming! You said back as you quickly walked over the hot sand, not wanting to burn your feet and into the ocean.

The water was warm but cooling against your skin, feeling relaxed as it cooled down your body. Jungkook smiled brightly as you walked up to him, he placed his hands on your waist and pulled you closer, while you wrapped your hands around his neck and kissed him softly on his lips.

- Ew, Eomma, appa stop. Jeonsan said as he made a disgusted look.

You and Jungkook laughed and looked over at your son. He beat cancer and was now a happy 12-year-old child. Jungkook smirked as he kissed you again just to tease Jeonsan.

- Nonono. He said and covered his eyes.

Jungkook then picked him up quickly and started ticking him, catching him off guard. He laughed and kicked trying to get out of Jungkook's grip. Jungkook threw him into the ocean playfully. Jeonsan came up to the surface and laughed even more.

- Again, again, again! He said happily.

- Eomma, I also want to! Areum said.

- Sure sweetie. You said and picked her up.

The four of you played for a while until the water started to feel cold. You walked up to the sunbed and laid down again. Jungkook laid next to you and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. He had water drops all over his muscular chest. His hair was wet and slicked back showing his forehead. You admired his body as the sun-dried his skin making the water drops slowly disappear.

- Like what you see? Jungkook said, raising an eyebrow.

- W-what? You asked blushing as you looked down on your fidgeting fingers.

He chuckled and shook his head before he sat upon the sunbed, staring at you with loving eyes.

- Where is Y/D/N? He then asked as he scanned the beach.

- Probably calling or texting her boyfriend. You said, giggling.

Jungkook got a serious look on his face as you mentioned your daughter's boyfriend. Jungkook had never liked the guy from the beginning even though he was a really kind and nice person. He was a very protective father and didn't want his "little" girl to get hurt. 

- Kook, you can't hate him forever, your daughter loves him and he means a lot to her. You said.

- I just don't want her to get hurt. He sighed. 

 - I know, but she is 19 now, she is allowed to have a boyfriend, maybe he will break her heart or maybe she will break his but what matters is that she is really happy now with him. You said.

- Yeah, I guess you're right, but I still won't like him. He sighed and laid down on the bed again.

- I'm always right. You said and laughed.

(Time skip)

It was in the middle of the night when you felt a soft hand on your shoulder shaking it lightly. You turned around and saw Jungkook smiling softly towards you. He was dressed in his black swimming trunks and a black t-shirt.

- What's wrong Kook? You asked with a sleepy, raspy voice.

- Get dressed and meet me by the beach. He said.

You groaned, rubbing the sleep from your eyes, and looked at the clock. It was 5.30 am.

- What? No Kook, the clock is 5.30 am let me sleep.

- Please Y/N, I promise it will be worth it. He begged.

- Ugh fine, I will get dressed. You said sighing.

Jungkook smiled and walked out of the room. You sat up and got dressed in a blue beach dress. You had seen Jungkook wear swimming trunks so you put on a bikini underneath the dress just in case. You checked the kid's room to see if they were sleeping and once you were done you walked out on the porch and down on the beach. You saw Jungkook standing smiling his bunny smile a few meters in front of you. It was still dark so you couldn't really see what was behind him. You walked closer and saw a blanket laying in the sand.

- What is all this Kook? You asked, surprised.

- I wanted to watch the sunrise with you. He smiled shyly.

- Really? You asked, smiling brightly.

Jungkook nodded his head and gave you a quick kiss on your lips before he gestured that you should sit down. Even if it was early morning, the air was still hot and nice. Jungkook sat down next to you and wrapped his arm around your waist. After a while, you and Jungkook decided to take a swim. Both of you swam out in the warm ocean and then he picked you up as you wrapped your legs around his waist. He held you tightly while the two of you hugged each other continuing to watch the sunrise over the horizon.

The end