Season 5 | Chapter 29 | The Lady Upstairs

New Character Profile:

Name: Ha Sooyoung

Position: Chief Executive Officer

Relaxes by:

- Working out

Likes:

- Multitasking

- Caffeine

Dislikes:

- Sleeping

- Video gaming

- Stereo

- Air Conditioner

- Chatting

- Bathroom Breaks

- Employees being unproductive (basically everything)

Strengths & Weaknesses

- Great at all kinds of tasks.

Technical Task: Outstanding

Financial Task: Outstanding

Art Task: Outstanding

Writing Task: Outstanding

Episode Description:

- Haseul and the team have been summoned to the offices of the mysterious CEO.

.

.

.

Jinsoul: Hm. So, this is the CEO's executive office, eh?

 So, this is the CEO's executive office, eh?

Jaehyun: Wow... this place is swank!

Vivi: It's not as nice as Daddy's boardroom, but I suppose it's better than that last dump!

Renjun: Hey people. Let me introduce you to Sooyoung... also known as my big sister.

Haseul: The CEO is your sister?!

Renjun: It's a long story.

Jaehyun: It all starts when Renjunnie was born...

Renjun: Actually... it's not that long. First of all, we ain't biological. She inherited the company from a "Jiwoo."

Yves: Are you gossiping about me again, little bro? Come on over here and bring your friends. I hope you don't mind if I don't interrupt my workout. I've got no time for dawdling.

Yves: I can't seem to concentrate unless I get enough exercise time in!

Haseul: Oh... no, that's fine!

Jinsoul: Hmmph.

Yves: I'll get right to the point. Starting now you'll appoint me as Yves instead of Sooyoung. I want you all working here, for me. I had a team under me previously, to help with various executive-level tasks.

Yves: But I had to fire them. They weren't performing up to my standards, and it's easier for me to do things myself anyway.

Jaehyun: Hmm, where have I heard that before?

Yves: No, no. I know I can't do everything all the time! That's why you're here. I've been handling everything here just fine, but my therapist says I should reduce my stress and... delegate.

Renjun: Shit... you've been handling all the technical tasks here, too?

Yves: Yes, Renjun! Don't think I can't handle it!

Renjun: Oh, God no... I don't think I can bear to look at the state of the fileserver here... (walks away from the scene).

Yves: Don't worry about him, he's a control freak.

Jaehyun: Does it run in the family?

Yves: A couple other things. I know there are a lot of nice things in this office...

Jaehyun: Yeah! A stereo system, air conditioning, all the amenities! I'm going to enjoy it here!

Yves: ...but I'd prefer it if you guys kept that kind of thing to a minimum.

Jaehyun: Paradise... lost!

Yves: I want the office to look fun and creative... really inspires the stockholders, you know? But we need to get work done. Too many distractions are no good! To be honest, even the noise of the A/C or that radio kind of bug me at times...

Haseul: Don't worry, Ms. Yves! I'm sure we can get everything done on schedule, and I know how to keep the team on task... Righ, Woojae?

Jaehyun: You too, Haseul?

Yves: Oh yes, that reminds me... Haseul, right? You need to run to the store for cafficinos. I drank three this morning, and...

Yves: Oh my god!! No, oh fucking no...

Haseul: (About to throw some hands) Oh! What is it?!

Yves: I've been standing in one spot for too long! I need to be working! And so do the rest of you!

Everyone went off to their places while Haseul has something on her mind...

Haseul: Um... Jinsoul?

Jinsoul: Yes?

Haseul: I know we didn't really get off on the right foot, and that you're a friend of Jungeun's, but...

Jinsoul: No, I'm not.

Haseul: Excuse me?

Jinsoul: I'm not a friend of her. She just recruited me through a headhunter.

Haseul: Oh! Well I thought maybe you and I could...

Jinsoul: I'm not really interested in being friends, Haseul. I'm here for a reason: my career. And I'll tell you something: that woman has no idea what she's doing! You'd better let me handle the financial and writing tasks. It's what I was hired for. The same reason why you should let that Chinese kid do all those technical and art workloads, if I'm not mistaken which he is actually good at as well.

Jinsoul: Hmph, using the office as her own personal exercise space.

Haseul: Well... this should be interesting.