chapter five

As soon as I got home, both Katie and Rory were right behind the door with big smiles on their faces. Well technically, Katie bouncing on her toes, bursting in excitement and Rory with his arms crossed as he watched Katie with a smirk. I almost jumped out of my skin, holding my chest.

"What the hell? Are you guys trying to give me a heart attack?" I scolded them, pushing past to sit on the couch. You could've mistaken them as chicks from the way they stayed right on my tail. Katie sat so close that we both dipped into the couch together. Rory sat in his usual spot—the loveseat next to us—leaning back comfortably. He sort of looked mentally drained, and I already knew why. Katie had a mouthful to rant about—nothing new. I was always able to keep up with her talking constantly. Rory... he was still working on it.

"Soooo?" Katie waited, bumping my shoulder. "How did it go? What did you talk about? What's he like? I need details, honeybun." I chuckled, already guessing she'd say something along those lines.

"Jesus Katie, give the girl a second. She just got here," Rory scoffed, shaking his head at her. I knew he was as curious as she was, but he didn't want to show it.

"Don't worry children, you will both know sooner or later," I cooed, brushing my hair back. "But right now, it's time for a nap," I snickered, slipping off my shoes and shaking my flannel off my shoulders.

"Or how about now," Katie nagged, tugging at my arm. I looked over at Rory for help, but he just shrugged with an innocent smirk. Thanks Rory.

I turned sideways to put my legs on Katie's lap and she instantly reached down to squeeze them. I crossed my arms across my chest to hug my goosebumps forming from the apartment being Arctic cold. I instantly knew it was Katie's doing because she was some sort of weird grizzly bear who was perfectly fine with the cold. And she preferred the temperature to stay like that at night so she could sleep soundly.

"Well, if you aren't going to tell us then I'll be on my way. I'm leaving tomorrow so I need to go pack," Rory stood up, ruffling his hair. I immediately panicked, quickly planting my legs back to the floor and standing up with him. I ran to his side, catching him off guard.

"Don't leave me with her. We know I won't be able to get any sleep until she gets answers. She's a psycho," I grabbed his shirt, pointing at Katie. Rory's dimples poked out as a slow smile grew on his face. We both knew how Katie was. "Rory," I groaned, banging my head on his hard chest.

"Oh haha, very funny, Sarah," She scoffed, leaning back on the couch. "Come on, I waited hours for you to tell me. You're lucky I didn't call you in the middle of it," she snorted.

"That is true, she was about to call," Rory added with a chuckle. "I had to snatch her phone away."

"I was only gone for an hour, Katie," I rolled my eyes, turning to look at her with scrunched eyebrows. Rory laughed behind me, stepping back as Katie walked up to us. I could tell he was finding the whole interaction very amusing.

"Still, it was a long period of time in anticipation," She complained, shaking my arm like a little girl begging for a toy.

"Well, I'll see you guys tomorrow. I'll be over before I head to the airport," Rory interrupted our banter. He wrapped his arm around my head and kissed my hair, making me almost lose my balance. He kept his hold for an extra second, giving another kiss to my head. "Love you," he whispered.

I groaned in annoyance, knowing exactly what was going to happen as soon as Rory walked out those doors. "Yeah, thanks for nothing loser," I lowly snapped as he turned to me with the same cheeky smirk.

He walked over to Katie and did the same gesture with her head. Rory isn't that tall, but Katie and I are pretty short. There was an obvious height difference between us. Around his other friend group, Rory is the average height, so he enjoyed showing off his tall figure with us. But Katie and I just let him have the idea he was some giant.