Forty Four

"It says I'll have to be there all week except Wednesday," I read off the email Eddie sent out. "What about you?"

"Everyday except Thursday," Alex reads on his own phone. "Guess we'll both be busy," He chuckles, putting his phone in his back pocket. He reaches for my hand as we continue to walk home from rehearsals.

"You had a good day?" I ask, squeezing his hand. He looks down at me and nods.

"I always do with you," he smirks, kissing my forehead. I scrunch my nose up and shake my head.

"Stop being cheesy"

"I'm not"

"Ya-huh," I childishly hum, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Nu-huh," He mimics me, bouncing his shoulder. I giggle and let go of his hand to completely wrap my arms around his waist for a hug. "Awe, you're so cute shortcake." His hand goes to brush my hair.

"And you're pretty, Brighty Boy," I coo, immediately looking at him to catch his frowning reaction. "Don't deny it, we both know it." Alex ignores it and we continue our walk. He secretly knows.

~~~

"I'm not being clingy," I argue, hitting Alex's chest. "I just don't want you to go."

"That's being clingy, shortcake," he chuckles, intertwining our fingers.

"How so?"

"We've been together all day"

"Are you complaining?" I gasp, holding my chest with my free hand. Alex chuckles and leans in to lightly kiss my lips.

"Never, I love your presence," He whispers as he pulls away.

"Hmm... sounds like someone is being clingy as well," I wiggle my eyebrows.

"Nope, don't try to turn this around on me, sneaky girl"

"Am not!"

"Are too"

"Oh whatever, Brightman," I roll my eyes. "Just go, I don't care because I'm not clingy."

"Oh really?"

"Yes really," I slur, getting in his face. "I'm just Sarah, your non-clingy laidback awesomely talented girlfriend. You should be proud." I smile sweetly at him as he just keeps his stupid smirk plastered on his face.

"Well my non-clingy laidback awesomely talented girlfriend, I'll see you in two days for rehearsals. I don't think I'll be able to call tonight nor tomorrow so—"

"What?"

"It's okay though, you're laidback non-clingy Sarah, right?" He takes a step to close the space between us. I didn't even realize he had me cornered against my apartment door, so I couldn't step back.

"You know I really don't like you"

"Why not? It shouldn't be a problem, right?" I pull away from his intimidating stares and sigh. "Just admit it."

"No"

"Then I'll see you later," He shrugs, backing up and walking away. "Don't miss me too much."

"Don't miss me too much," I snap back. He turns towards me and chuckles. "Maybe you're the clingy one."

"Oh I know I am, I'll admit it," He smiles. What?

"But—"

"I never said I wasn't"

"Then why are you making me sound like I'm the annoying one in this relationship," I complain, crossing my arms with a frown.

"I'm not," He says, walking back towards me. "I'm very clingy and overprotective  over you. The days you aren't with me, I'm constantly thinking about you." I want to argue back, but that was too sweet. I fail terribly at keeping a straight face.

"I still hate you," I mumble. He chuckles and leans in so close our lips brush each other.

"Don't lie to yourself, you love me," he cocks. I shrug, biting my lip.

"I won't agree nor deny," I breath, right before his lips attach to mine. My arms slither around his neck and my fingers twirl around the short strands of his hair. His hands squeeze my hips lightly, turning his head a bit to help him deal with my short size. His lips are always so soft and they feel amazing. I wonder what my lips feel like to him.

"I can't get enough of you, shortcake," He breaths through the quick seconds of our lips pulling apart. I giggle slightly, before one of his hands go behind my head to pull me back in.

Can't say how long we stayed like that, but I'm not complaining.

"See you later, pretty boy," I wave as Alex walks away. He turns around to walk backwards.

"You're not letting that go, are you?" I shake my head proudly.

"Might as well embrace it," I suggest, leaning on the doorframe.

"I guess I have to. If only someone could be pretty as me," He poses. I laugh at his goofiness. "You better be proud to have a boyfriend this pretty."

"Bye Alex"

"Bye girl who is proud to have this pretty boyfriend name Alex," He replies, before turning the hall to leave. I bite my lip and shake my head. What did I do to get this lucky?

~~~

As I sit on the couch watching tv, the door opens. I look over to see an exhausted Katie walk through the door. Rehearsals for her play started a week ago and they have been working their butts off.

"Hey," she calls out as she sees me.

"Hey, how was rehearsals?"

"Very tiring"

"I feel you," I chuckle to myself. She sighs and flops on the other end of the couch.

"I didn't know speaking the same lines over and over without any singing or dancing would be so exhausting," she complains. I nod, not really knowing what to say. Things have been awkward between us, but not as bad as before. We can actually have a normal conversation now without bringing up certain past events.

"Is it fun though? I mean the acting and behind the scenes stuff?" I ask.

"Loads of fun. The cast is fantastic and they are all literally the sweet people," she gushes over them. I can differently say the same with my Beetlejuice family. "Are you hungry? We can go out for some food," she suggest. I mean, I can eat.

"Sure, I'm down," I shrug.

"Ok, just let me change out of these clothes," she says, standing up.

"Take your time," I tell her. I watch her walk into her room before I stare confusingly back at the tv. This should be good.

[3/16/20]