Forty Nine

"What color are you going for?" Dana asks me as we sit at McDonalds. After rehearsals, we went straight to 34th street with all the stores. We didn't get to eat, so we decided to go to McDonalds first.

"I'm probably going to get a black dress. I'm pretty sure Eddie's going to go with the black, white, and green colors for decorations," I say, eating another fry. "I don't think I want to pop out with some bright red dress."

"That's true. I'll probably go black with you," Dana nods. Presley comes from the 'pick-up' section with a tray and sits next to me. "Hey Pres."

"Hey," she smiles at Dana. She reaches into her pocket and grabs the change she got and gives it to me. "Thanks for paying for my food," she thanks me.

"No problem," I shrug, bumping her shoulder. "What store should we head to first? I don't usually shop for dresses, so I'm not sure which stores are good for that." Dana hums lowly as she looks out the windows we sat next to, towards the stores.

"Honestly anywhere," Dana chuckles. "We may be here a while." All three of us laugh and continue to chat as we finish up our food.

The first store we wander in had a huge collection of dresses in the back. As we walk through the arch diving the sections, Presley gasps and runs over to a rack of dresses. I scrunch my eyes in confusion.

"How do you already like a dress and we barely walked in," I shake my head. It takes me a while to choose a dress by just looking at it. I'm a very picky girl, that's probably why Katie always had a trouble shopping with me for certain occasions.

"What about this?" Presley pulls out a long dark gray dress from the rack and place it in front of her. She smiles sweetly, striking a pose. I lift my eyebrow as my eyes roam to Dana. "What?" Presley huffs. Both of us sniffle a giggle as we walk closer to Presley. Dana takes the dress out of Presley's hand and puts it back on the rack.

"Let's move on," Dana chuckles, pushing Presley into a different direction. I let out a snort as I follow behind.

~~~

"Whoa Dana, that looks perfect on you," I gasp as Dana walks out of the dressing room. Presley nods with a huge grin. We were all going in order and letting one person try on dresses and the other two can critique them. Presley and I tried on a few dresses and we didn't like any of them, so it was now Dana's turn. It's been about two hours, but we knew we'd here for a while.

Dana put on a leather overall dress and it looks perfect on her. It has a long sleeve sheer black lace top under it with cuffs. It also reaches right above her thighs.

"How does it feel?" I ask, standing up and touching it. "It's a nice fabric."

"Yeah, it's pretty comfortable," she nods. "I think I'm going to go with it. It's also has pockets." She wiggles her eyebrows as she unzips the zippers. Presley and I laugh at her as she walks back in the dressing room to change back.

"I guess that just leaves it to me and you, Pres. We can head to another store when Dana's done," I say, sitting back down with her.

"Yeah, sounds good. I'm having fun shopping with you guys. We definitely need to do this again," she squeals, leaning her head on my shoulder.

"Agreed," I smile, rubbing her arm.

~~~

"Ok guys, let's see it," Dana call out from the seating area in the dressing room. She cheers dramatically as Presley and I both laugh from our room. She stop immediately when we both step out at the same time. Presley steps out with a long black velvet dress that cut pretty low down her chest. I had a short black dress that ruffled out at the end. It reached right above my thighs.

"I don't know about this one. I don't usually wear long dresses and this cut is pretty low," She huffs, looking down at the dress. "What do you think?"

"I agree, it looks too old for you," Dana chuckles, before looking at mine. She scrunches her eyebrows as she shoots her head between our dresses.

"What?" I ask, watching her confusingly.

"Why don't you guys switch dresses. Pres, wear the short one and Sarah try on the long one," She suggests, nodding at the idea. Presley and I glance at each other, before shrugging and shuffling back into our dressing rooms.

After we stripe out of our dresses, we open the door ajar and quickly swap. I hear Dana laugh at the silly gesture, but it was kind of busy in this small store.

I slip on the dress and turn towards the long body mirror. A smile grows on my face as I stare at myself. This dress is perfect. The velvet fabric snugs my waist, but slowly flows out towards the hem to allow me to walk. The cut was still low, but it looked more appropriate on a 24-year-old than a 16-year-old. My arms and shoulders were naked due to the straps being so close to my neck, showing my beauty mark on my shoulder.

"Are you done, Sarah?" Presley calls out from next door.

"Yeah," I reply, unlocking the door. Dana counts down and on one, we both reveal our new look. Presley and I look at each other first and gasp in unison.

"I'm a genius!" Dana squeals, clapping at her success.

"You look amazing in that Sarah. Kind of jealous it didn't work out for me," Presley chuckles. I smile and hold her hand, spinning her around to let the ruffles spring out.

"But you look perfect in this," I tell her. "I think we found our dresses, guys."

"Thank god," Dana nods. Presley and I take another glance at the swapped dresses, before dispersing to take them off. I place my hand on my hips and strike a pose, smiling again. I debate sending a picture to Alex, but I rather surprise him.

~~~

After finding heels—and shoes with long socks for Presley—we head home.

"Where are you guys thinking of eating?" I push a strand of my hair behind my ear. We were currently walking down the streets, no destination in mind. We were mostly talking and window shopping. There is still light in the sky, so we don't want to head home yet.

"Have you ever been to Planet Hollywood?" Dana asks. I scoff and look at her.

"Of course! Planet Hollywood's food is the best," I sigh thinking about it.

"100% agreed," Presley squeezes our linked arms.

"Planet Hollywood it is."

[5/4/20]