chaper nine

It took me a while to decide to go home. I did some stalling and took a long walk around the city. I still didn't want to go home so I even went back to the park and sat on a bench. I FaceTimed Rory for a bit, but I had to hang up on him because he kept scolding me for not talking to Katie or Alex yet. "I didn't call you for a lecture."

"Well what do you want me to say? You were right for leaving like that?"

"You told me to."

"I told you to say that you weren't feeling well and excuse yourself. Not tell them off!"

"I don't remember that."

"Sarah, I'm about to text Katie where you are right now if you dont—"

"Okay fine! I hate you."

"Apologize."

With my eyes starting to get heavy and the yawns beginning to hurt my cheeks, I decided to just go home. My steps were slow and aimless, enjoying the nice weather and bright lights of the city.

When I arrived at our apartment, I slowly opened the door and listened for any footsteps. I continued to creak it open a little bit more and walked through quietly. The living room could be seen directly from the entrance. And there was no sign of Katie.

I crept inside and closed the door behind me as quietly as I could. After I locked it, I walked down the hall into the open space. I walked down the hall into the open space after I locked it. As soon as I turned around to face my bedroom's hallway, someone clear their throat loudly. I almost jumped out of my skin from the fright.

My eyes wandered to the kitchen and found Katie sitting on the bar stool with her arms crossed, leaning on the counter. She had her coffee cup sitting in front of her like she had been there for a while. Damn it.

"Hey Katie," I played it off, walking towards my room. Without saying anything, Katie rushed out of her seat to stop in front of me. As her determined eyes connected with mine, I let out a defeated huff, placing my hand on my hip.

"Sit," She demanded, pointing to the couch. I stared at her blankly without responding, so she slowly lifted an eyebrow. "Now Sarah," she hissed.

"I'm really not in the mood, Katie. I'll talk about it tomorrow," I groaned. My feet were throbbing from all the walking I'd done around the city. After I FaceTimed Rory and wandered around the park, I listened to Dear Evan Hansen and basically performed the whole musical in my head. I loved that I had something to calm me down and help me feel better whenever I needed it. Broadway. I'm not sure know where I'd be without it.

"First thing tomorrow," She confirmed, her gaze fixed on me for a second longer. Katie could be very intimidating at times, and I've seen her get angry at people back in college. Her dark brown eyes, as well as her currently furrowed long pointed brows, spoke for themselves. "First thing tomorrow."

"Fine," I nodded, watching her turn around and storm into her bedroom. Her tight ponytail waved violently side to side and I couldn't help but chuckle at pissed Katie. It was kind of entertaining because she was usually joking around when she was mad or demanding like that.

I settled into my room and got ready for a nice long nap. Making my way into the bathroom to wipe off my makeup, I hummed to my musical playlist that I had playing on blast. Usually, Katie would walk in and join me, but she must've already fell asleep. I ruffled my hair out, before bundling it in one hand and tying it into a bun.

I finally got into my bed and stuffed myself under the covers, before reaching over to grab my phone. I scanned through my social media's and stalked a bunch of Broadway celebrities—like usual. Twitter was my main source of information about all things Broadway. And even if I didn't use it, Katie would be yelling for me to see what was going on. She loved to be up to date on everything.