Forty Seven

It's been two weeks since we recorded the album, and honestly, I'm so pumped to hear it. Eddie said he's listen over to some of the songs a few times and it sounds fantastic. He said we should be having a cast "Beetleparty" soon. He'll be hosting a Beetlejuice themed party and they'll have the album playing during the party so we can all listen to it. I thought he'd want to save it until opening night, but he replied with saying we'll have another party on opening night. I didn't object at all. I love parties.

Today, I have the day off, and along with Katie. What a coincidence. When I went in the kitchen this morning, she walked in as well. I had no energy to argue, so I made my coffee and sat on the island, facing away from her and towards the living room.

"Morning Sarah," I hear behind me in the kitchen. I turn slightly around to catch a glimpse of her face. Her hair is in a messy morning bun, like mine. Her face is bright red like usual, but her brown eyes look darker. She looks stress, but she still has a hopeful smile on.

"Morning," I slip out, before gulping down another mouthful of my coffee.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Pretty good, you?" I ask as I watch her walk around the island and hop onto it to sit next to me. She made a bowl of cereal, like usual. We aren't really chefs, so cereal or going out for breakfast is our thing. I look at her intensely, but break contact when she looks at me.

"Same, this show is kind of stressing me out," she says, rubbing her face.

"I can see that," I tease, reaching out to holding her jaw and turning her face side to side to clearly look at it. She rolls her eyes and pulls her face away.

"Shut up." I chuckle and look down at my drink. "I had to rehearsal every single day for the last two weeks and I finally get a break. I never knew this day would come."

"Are you gonna sleep all day?"

"Of course!" She exclaims with a laugh. I join in still looking down. It's still a bit awkward between us because we didn't mention the restaurant incident.

Now that I think about it, I haven't even talked to Alex about it. I think neither of us want to talk about Katie with each other, so we just avoid bringing her up.

"Good, you look like you need it," I smirk, earning a light push.

"What about you? You've been busy with your show as well," she says. "You finished the album recording, huh?" I nod, taking another sip of my drink.

"I think I'm going to go out today. Probably to the park or something. I need a day of fresh air," I explain. I avoided mentioning Alex's name for the sake of any worse tension.

"That sounds nice," she yawns, covering her mouth. "Well you have fun with that." She hops off of the island and slowly drags herself to her room.

"Have a good nap," I snort.

"Oh, I can't wait," she exclaims, turning around and dramatically laughing. I shake my head at her as she skips into her room.

~~~

"Mama if you're listening, doesn't this just blow your mind. I was on a mission, this is what I left behind," I hum as I wash my face. "I miss you everyday. Think a little stranger than—"

As I start getting ready in my bathroom, my phone starts ringing in my bedroom. I groan, quickly finishing washing my face. I grab a paper towel as rush over to it.

"Im coming, I'm coming," I mumble, before grabbing it. I find Alex's number, and of course, a smile plasters on my face.

"Hello?" I answer, walking back to the bathroom.