chapter twenty four

After Rob and I came back from the coffee shop, we were just in time to go back on stage. We were fortunate that we ate at the shop because we would've of had time to eat any other time.

We all went back to rehearsing for a few more hours, doing 'Ready Set (Reprise)' and 'No Reason' once more, before moving on to the proposal scene in Charles and Delia's bedroom. We were excused after Timbers and the rest of the crew left a few simple comments. Still, we all wanted to stay for a while because no one really had anything to do. So, Adam, Leslie, Kerry, Rob and I piled up in Adam's room to hang out during the meantime.

Adam had a playstation in his dressing room, so him and Rob were playing whatever game they chose. Kerry and I were snuggled on the couch and Leslie was sitting on the desk chair, all of us chatting up on random topics. I was perfectly fine with staying with them all day instead of dealing with Katie back at home. I hated that I had to dread going home just because I could've bumped into her.

"So, Miss Sarah Holland, how are you and Alex doing?" Leslie smirked, swiveling the chair closer to my side of the couch.

"That's random," I awkwardly chuckled. Leslie shrugged and waited patiently for a response.

"What about them? Are you guys finally lovers now?" Rob teased, focusing on whatever game they were playing.

Kicking my foot out to nudge his back, I sassed, "No, for your information Robert, we aren't." I slipped a wiggle of my brows as he swiftly turned back to glare at me.

"Really? Why is that?" Leslie pushed. Kerry's expression seemed a little concerned when I looked over at her.

"I don't know, the topic never came up, I guess," I shrugged, feeling the tension.

"Why not?"

I laughed softly, throwing my hands up. "I don't know, Leslie." I was so lost and the same suspicion I had with Kerry, was also with Leslie.

For a few seconds, the only sound in the room came from the PlayStation. As Kerry and Leslie continued to exchange unreadable looks, I switched my gaze between them. "But, are you guys all right? Is everything going good between you two?" Kerry then asked. I gave her a cold glare, annoyed that she was cooperating with Leslie's investigation.

"I mean, yeah," I shrugged, attempting to keep my responses brief. "Can you tell me why you're asking?"

"Just wondering," Leslie said on her behalf.

"I don't think you're just wondering, Leslie. Something is definitely up, so would someone like to fill me in?" I laughed, looking around at everyone. I caught Kerry frustratingly furrowing her eyebrows at Leslie.

Rob paused the game to turn around and face us. "Calm down, Sarah," he chuckled. "I'm sure they just want to know the status on you and lover boy."

"Yeah, girls are always so nosey," Adam laughed with Rob. In sync, Kerry and I reached behind us to grab a pillow and throw one each at them. Rob scoffed, complaining that I almost disconnected his controller.

"You're so dramatic, red eggs," I joked with a teasing look. He stuck his tongue out at me, before turning back around and starting the game back up.

"Red eggs?" Adam asked, noticing Kerry and I giggling.

"Breakfast joke," Rob summed it up. "Ain't that right, drowned pancake?" Rob smirked at me.

"Haha," I fake laughed, rolling my eyes.

Leslie stopped asking questions and moved onto another topic, which I was relieved for. I felt too on the spot, but I was still suspicious of her. And Kerry too. Leslie wasn't so interested in Alex and I until after I came back with Rob. Kerry did say she needed to talk to her, and I think that was why she didn't tag along.