chapter twenty two

December 10th, 2018 [Monday]
•19 weeks left•

I woke up earlier than usual for rehearsal. It became normal for me to be up hours before I needed to be. But it was nice because I spent that time taking care of myself and being both physically and mentally prepared for the day. And all the drama that was coming for me.

It had been six days since Katie went to Alex's house and I hadn't talked to either of them since. Not that I really wanted to speak with Katie because she was only being bitchier by the days. My face cringed on its own when I thought about how she talked to me that day. A few times, I had to text Rory just to make sure what Katie did actually happened. He'd respond with the same amount of shock.

I was just waiting for Alex to say something first because I didn't want to tempt him to lie to me. If he came to me and told me what he and Katie did, I knew I could believe him. But not once have we talked. That alone left me suspicious. It just made me feel worse about the situation. And we even talked about hanging out last weekend, but I didn't get one message from him, so I knew something was wrong.

Katie didn't attempt to speak to me at all or assure me on what she did at his house. I just knew she did something that I couldn't know about.

Overall, if they wanted to act sneaky, so be it. I wasn't going to let either of them ruin my day. I had rehearsals that day, and I was going to do what I loved the most.

Rory had left and told me to just keep him updated. He didn't want to leave on that weird note, but work was important, and I assured him it was fine.

While I was getting dressed, I got a text from Kerry that her, Rob, and Leslie were meeting up that morning to grab some breakfast before they headed to the theater.

KerryBerry

KerryBerry: morning sarah

Sarah: morning kerry

KerryBerry: I was wondering
if you'd be up to go get some
breakfast with me, Rob,
and Leslie?

Sarah: oh of course

Sarah: I'm starving
anyways hahaha

KerryBerry: oh perfect

KerryBerry: We'll be at the
Applejack Diner in about
twenty minutes. Whoever
gets there first will get the
table and text us all

Sarah: Okay then.
See you in a bit

KerryBerry: See ya

I decided against makeup, knowing I'd sweat it all off anyways. I also have very light freckles on my cheeks and on the tip of my nose that I usually cover with makeup, so it was nice to show them off again.

I finished up getting ready in record time and while I was tying my hair into a neat bun, Katie opened my door ajar. I turned towards that direction, but when I realized it was her, I immediately went back to the mirror. I hadn't seen her all weekend, and neither of us made any effort to talk to each other.

"You're up early," she commented, standing at my door. I was trying to detect from her tone where she was thinking the conversation was heading. She may have been in the mood for an argument, but I wasn't.

"Surprise," I exclaimed sarcastically, not making eye contact with her.

"And cranky," She chuckled. I sucked in a sharp breath, keeping my remarks to myself.