Don't Bicker with the Male Protagonist

March 23, 2002

Today, as well, there's not a single trace of Ziel in our secret base. Did he get sick? I'm worried.

Where are you, Ziel?

*** End of Entry ***

Today is the day of my interview. I've practiced hard enough, I shouldn't make too many mistakes.

I made good use of Rui's available business attire consisting of a pair of slacks, a camisole, and a blazer. After which, I applied some light make up and tied my hair in a low pony tail to complete the look. 

"Well, I'm fortunate I have a nice figure or else these clothes would definitely look weird..." I muttered to myself as I turned left and right to check if there was anything off with the way I look. Once I was satisfied with everything, I stood straight one last time and stared hard at my reflection.

"You can do this, Rui Hughes." I added, reminding myself of my new identity.

I walked out of my bedroom, my confidence brimming to the top. I'm going to land this intern job. Flipping my hair, I didn't notice a dark presence lurking in the living room and headed straight for the door. My hand ought to grab the knob but another hand had surprisingly beat me to it. It didn't take rocket science for me to deduce that it was Uziel's. I immediately retracted mine as casually as I could, walking two steps to my left.

"Oh... I didn't notice you there. Please go ahead." I used my professional smile on him. Might as well take this chance to practice my facial muscles for the interview.

He didn't say anything and just opened the door. Good morning to you, too. I quickly followed behind him, already expecting he wouldn't hold out the door for me, but I still managed to hit my head on the door.

"Ow!" I yelped as I rubbed my forehead to ease the pain.

Dammit. I know I said I expected it, but his behavior still annoyed me. I secretly glared at him but resisted uttering any complaints. Pulling out data from dramas I watched, bickering with the male protagonist will have an eighty percent chance of opening the curtain to an awkward scene, so I clamped my mouth shut and just contented myself with cursing him in my head.

Hoping to ride the elevator without him, I tried to walk faster, but I failed to take into account his unusually long legs. In the end, we both entered the elevator at the same time, my forehead almost breaking a sweat from brisk walking while he appeared just as fresh. Dammit... The worst?— Nobody joined the ride as I stood by his side, awkwardly looking at the elevator doors that mirrored our images. Shit luck.

The first few minutes of my morning may be unfortunate, but I breezed through the interview at Sains & Don Marketing, and immediately hopped on another bus to go straight into the heart of the Central Business District.

To El Conglomerate.

It was Rui who sent a resume, of course. I'm not foolish enough to do that knowing it's Axton's company. Truthfully, I'm hesitant to attend it, but not going to the interview can put a dent to my credibility. I wouldn't want that. Besides, there should be no harm in going, really. It's not like I'll be hired with the thousands of applicants vying to be their interns.

When it was finally over, the sun was starting to touch the horizon in the west. It was a tiring day and my stomach was starting to complain so I stopped by the grocery to buy food supplies, recalling my nearly empty pantry. There, I took note of the hiring ad before tracing my steps back to the apartment complex in autopilot. I'll have to make do with it for a while if I don't hear anything back from my interviews today.