I will never like you (3)

"I'm amazed..." Shirly said as she slurped her milk tea.

"How many days has it been?" Lawrence asked as he continued typing away on his keyboard.

"Seven days?... You know, I think we need to have a theme song everytime he comes around." Shirly clasped her hand, looking quite decisive.

"Okay. Stop right there." I interjected, feeling the exasperation finally reach my limits.

"Why? Aren't you flattered that a handsome rich CEO is pursuing y- Shhhi!" She stopped abruptly only to gasp a second later. "Mrs. Dora's coming." She immediately focused her attention to her computer.

I sighed. The only time I get a rest from their teasing is when Mrs. Dora is present. I began to wish she'd stay a little longer everytime she's in the office, something I've never thought of doing before.

Half of the energy that I usually use to get through the day is sucked dry from shooing the Male Protagonist every time he pops up. That is... Every night. Every morning. And when he's not around, I'm sure someone's watching me in his stead. Just thinking about it is making me feel suffocated. I want to take a break from him but even at the office, his presence had became a hot topic ever since he appeared in the company's driveway with his Bentley.

Now all I hear is his name. Even my friends don't give me a break. Even Mr. Pyo...

I sighed yet again.

Mrs. Dora strutted in through the glass doors with her high heels, throwing us a glance as she passed by our desks.

"Your performance has improved considerably." Her words struck the three of us dumb. We exchanged gazes but nobody spoke.

"W-we'll continue doing our best..." In the end, I was forced to speak to fill in the awkward silence.

"Mmhmm." She nodded as she now focused on her monitor.

The remaining fifteen minutes was filled with silence, only the clicking of the mouse and clutter of the keyboards could be heard.

At exactly five o'clock, my phone began to vibrate without pause but I ignored it and continued to polish my research. I can't have myself falling behind the team.

Five minutes later and Jillian, our kind receptionist knocked and called for me.

You can't be serious...

I snapped my head in her direction, feeling a wave of panic ran through my body. I shook my head at Jillian, silently telling her not to utter the words she was sure to relay.

"Mr. Axton is looking for Miss Hughes." She smiled knowingly at me, completely ignoring my plead for mercy. I couldn't help but smile dryly at the current atmosphere that had turned more uncomfortable as the seconds passed.

Could she be any more discreet? Mrs. Dora's practically at earshot distance! For sure, her snide remarks about keeping professionalism in the workplace will all be directed to me from now on.

I grabbed the bottle of water on my desk and chugged it as if that could prepare myself.

"Have you finished your task?" Mrs. Dorra asked after Jillian left, thankfully taking all the unusual flowers that sprouted out of her while looking at me with a sweet teasing grin.

Lawrence and Shirly quickly gave me a look sharing their deepest condolences.

"...I'm finalizing it. Just a few more edits and I'm done..." Here goes nothing.

She nodded. "What about the two of you?" She turned to Shirly and Lawrence.

"I'm also about to finish."