The Contract

December 25, 2022

Ziel is gone. I've finally realized it now. All the letters that I left in our secret base to tell him that I'm still here are buried under a pile of snow.

The other kids found out about my secret and were laughing at me saying I finally became crazy and actually made an imaginary friend. I cried all night, thinking they were wrong. Ziel is not a figment of my imagination. He's real. I know he's real. And I'm going to find him one day.

*** End of Entry ***

I was coming back from my part time job, feeling a bit disoriented from the irresistible drowsiness that was eagerly taking over my body. Nevertheless, I didn't fail to discern a familiar figure standing in the lobby. And he wasn't alone. My haggard eyes turned to the scantily dressed lady who looks drunk. Wow. Another woman has appeared and it was just last month when he was rolling the sheets with the policewoman. Not to mention the others I was unable to witness.

He's like a rare flower, indeed. Always being swarmed around by bees. I stood by and passively watched the play unfold. The woman... I think her name is Vivian (I forgot her last name), a darling daughter of a certain CEO who aims to get the ML to support his company by wedding his daughter to Axton and so arranged for this situation to happen. At first, the said daughter didn't think much of Axton but later on changed her mind when he seemed immune to her beauty which piqued her interest- eventually turning to love.

I don't really blame Uziel Axton. I bet he'd had his fair share of attractive girls to be immune like that. Not an excuse to be a jerk, though.

I was momentarily dragged out of my thoughts when I saw the lady curl her flawless olive legs around Axton's. Her graceful arms had also made their way around his neck as she looked up at him seductively. I see she's also pushing those enormous breasts to his chest, openly inviting him to look down at them. I was stumped. I only witnessed such things in movies, so personally seeing it like this is giving me secondhand embarrassment. Especially since I know that Uziel Axton is merely using her, if you know what I mean.

He inclined his head, and murmured something in her ear. I think... something might just happen this time around. I was deliberating about whether or not I should sleep in the apartment tonight when I heard a loud pa! in the background. When I lifted my eyes in front of me, Vivian was strutting towards the exit where I was currently standing. Did she just slap Uziel Axton?? She looks furious and... surprisingly sobber? Wasn't she supposed to be drunk? I was wondering if this scene was supposed to turn out like this but was soon interrupted before I could reach a conclusion.

"You." She spoke to me, so I gazed up at her. She was wearing heels, so it was understandable that she's taller right now. If not then I don't think I'd lose out to her in terms of height.

"Yes?" I asked tentatively, curious as to why she would suddenly speak to an insignificant character like me.

"I know you're living with him."

I hid my surprise and purportedly showed her a dull expression as if to say so what if you know? She seemed a bit irritated at my lack of reaction so she immediately continued.

"You might not know, but that man has been cheating behind your back. He'll never love someone like you." She arrogantly swept her eyes up and down my body but I didn't cower. After all, Rui Hughe's face won't lose. As for boobs and fashion and social standing and accomplishments...

They're unnecessary details.

Instead of retaliating with the same tenacity, I smiled at her politely and said, "It's not like I crave for a dog like that to desire me. And also, we're undoubtedly just room mates so please keep that in mind. In that account, please don't spread unnecessary rumors that we have a relationship. He's not my type. It's absolutely disgusting to even imagine being in a relationship with him." My whole mood turned sour when I was subtly reminded of his harem. A trash through and through...

When she didn't respond, I looked up at her wondering what she's thinking. Her prominent brows were furrowed, and she looked at me with a perplexed expression. I chuckled, my eyes twinkling merrily as I thought of something even more bolder to say.

"Rather than that guy... I have the hots for pretty ladies with a spunk, yeah~" I winked at her and the look of confusion and horror gradually creeping up her face felt so satisfying. I wanted to laugh right then and there but controlled myself until she promptly fled the scene.

"You're crazy!" She had shouted at me before she got in the cab.

"Bye sweety~" I responded enthusiastically and laughed so hard tears sprang from my eyes. Serves her right for trying to belittle me-

"What did you tell her?" The warm breath on my neck made me jump from surprise, ruining my fun. I resolutely turned, about to scold the stranger but the speech my mind had perfectly prepared for my mouth to utter had became a complete gibberish mess and I felt my face pale instead.

Uziel Axton! Why the heck is he standing so near?! Did he overhear our conversation?!

My mind reeled back to his question and relaxed when I realized he hasn't. If he heard that, I wouldn't know what to do.

I chuckled nervously as I moved away from him a little. "Nothing. I just told her she's pretty but she was a bit shy." It wasn't entirely a lie.

He looked puzzled but didn't pursue the subject further.

"Anyway, it's good that we finally bumped into each other."

"Huh?" I don't think it's good at all.

"It's been a while since my assistant has prepared the contract regarding the necessary repairs. Don't tell me you conveniently forgot?"

"Ah, yes! Of course not! I was just so busy working here and there." I adamantly defended myself.

He gave me a scrutinizing gaze before speaking. "Let's go up and discuss the details."

As usual that pause didn't fail to make my heart pound faster with anxiousness. If it's like this, I'll likely die of a heart attack sooner or later. I gingerly followed behind him when he turned around, heading to the elevator. My surroundings spun a bit from my sudden movement, so I gently shook my head to wake my senses. I wonder if we could push this for tomorrow morning instead..?

I started yawning prodigiously in the elevator and didn't stop even as we made ourselves comfortable in the living room. "I'm really sleepy... Can we talk about this tomorrow..?" I asked, feeling the exhaustion ten times more, knowing my bed is only a few steps away.

"Are you sure you're not deliberately postponing this?" His cold demeanor struck a chord, making me glare at his back.

"I really am just tired but if you really want it signed now then give it to me." I said as I extended my hands to him.

"Hmm..." His languid response irked me even more. Once he placed a pen in my hands, I asked for the documents and scrawled my name on it without reading the paragraphs. I doubt I'd be able to properly process those academic jargons at my current state anyway.

Besides, we've already talked about the contents of the contract beforehand so it's fine, is what I naturally thought.

"Are there any more?" I asked.

"None. You can go now. A pleasure doing business with you." He modestly replied, not the least bit guilty.

Since he declared it himself, I stood up and went to my room without hesitation.

Whatever.

I'm really sleepy right now.

***

A/N: Yes... Sleep is important. Don't forget to rest when you're tired, peeps! ‎(^-^)

If you're loving it so far, please share some love for this plebian author at:

buymeacoffee.com/lenrai

Thank you!