Gone (5-Uziel)

Three days later, I didn't expect myself to fall even deeper in the rabbit hole. It didn't help that I still couldn't figure out the identity of my new enemy despite burning the midnight oil. There wasn't a single satisfactory result.

Jellal Renato should have recovered enough for him to use his hands and brain, if I recall. I've also retrieved his sister as requested.

I should start making good use of him.

I exhaled a breath as I turned to Kassis who came in carrying refreshments. 

"Miss Shirly visited the company once again. Are you not going to hold a meeting with her?" 

I frowned. She might have also been calling to no avail as my phone was crushed by a furniture during that ridiculous episode where I lost composure in the study. 

"Your reputation is being tarnished by the woman as we speak so you had better think wisely." He added when I didn't say anything. After putting the tea down on my new desk, he handed me a tablet and stood by to wait for my reaction. 

"Handle it yourself." I ignored it and took the cup of tea to my lips. 

"Unfortunately, my schedule is too tight with the tasks you've given me, therefore, I need your opinion on the timeline for handling this matter. Otherwise, I'll put it off until I finish my more important duties." 

This bastard... He's behaving more and more disrespectful, not even addressing me properly and throwing sarcastic remarks behind my back. I glared at him but he merely looked at me with a blank expression. 

With a huff, I played the video and watched as Shirly was dragged by security guards outside the company lobby. 

"Damn you Uziel! You useless jerk! After cheating on my friend, you suddenly disappear! User! Asshole! I'll expose you-!" 

I narrowed my eyes at the frozen image of her furious face. How dare she-

"That's not the only thing she's done. If you scroll next, I've compiled all the videos she'd been posting on line about your sexcapades with different prostitutes. There were photos to back her claims, too... It seems she's quite talented in Photoshop."

My fuse was about to blow as I met gazes with Kassis. "Fine. Bring her to me." 

"Noted. I'll fetch Miss Shirly right away." He turned away from me and headed out, leaving me in the silence and providing me a moment to ponder about Shirly's actions. Whether it was out of resentment for my actions or not... I'll know about it soon.

The longer arm of the clock turned slowly until almost an hour had passed. I had patiently waited for my visitor, only to have something thrown at my face a second time as soon as the door opened and she marched in, walking enough distance to know that whatever she'd throw would hit me without a doubt.

"You were making fun of me when you told me I'd call you, weren't you!? Why didn't you answer!?" She snarled.

"You'd best calm down while I'm still feeling considerate." I warned her.

She seemed to have caught on my message as she muted her anger quite considerably, a look of tension showing on her face.

Her eyes remained fierce however as she spoke once again. "I've been calling you because Rui might have been kidnapped. I reported it to the police immediately but they're not really looking into it, saying there were no signs of resistance in her apartment and none of the residents noticed anything weird that day. You were the last person she spoke with, weren't you? What happened??" She demanded. 

Kidnapped? "If the police doesn't think your assumptions are real then do you think I'd say otherwise?" Although I said that smoothly, I can't say I'm not starting to have doubts.