B Is The Reason

A,B,A,B,A,B...

I continued to utter the two letters as I plucked the petals of the flower I was holding.

"What's wrong with her?" Lawrence nudged Shirly who was beside me.

"Leave her be. She'll malfunction if you interrupt her. Watch this..."

Shirley put her mouth near my ear and muttered B repeatedly, making me purse my lips.

B... Or rather, the screw with them and kill them later. The worst ending you can have with the Male Lead...

"See? She just freezes like that."

Lawrence gasped as he came and waved his hands in front of my face.

"Has the most capable intern finally gone cray-cray from overworking?"

"Tsk, tsk... At least the face masks worked well on her face. Otherwise, if her head had gone bad along with her appearance, no guy would definitely approach her." Shirly sighed as she patted my shoulders. "Don't worry, we'll take care of you."

Lawrence sniffed as he wiped an invisible tear from his eyes while nodding vigorously.

"..." These two... Are they really saying they'll take care of me while insulting me to my face?

I decided to let them off for now as I lowered my gaze to the two petals left. My body trembled and the flower slipped from my fingers. Is that it..?? He's really planning to screw with me then kill me later? After all, what other reason could he possibly have for kissing me?

"I'm going to die..." I whispered.

Lawrence and Shirly exchanged worried glances. "...Well, the workload had gotten bigger but you certainly won't die." Lawrence raised his brows at me.

"That's right. If you're feeling really exhausted again then why not have some deserved rest this weekend? Let's go to that new spa or something, what d'ya think??" Shirly grabbed my arm and smiled at me brightly.

Yes. I probably should have a little fun if I'm going to die soon. I nodded.

"Great!" Her smile broadened. Tapping into her energy, I smiled at the two faintly.

We bid our goodbyes after work and I listlessly went to change my clothes in a public restroom. A few minutes later, I stood in front of the mirror to fix my hair. My eyes unconsciously went to my lips and it was at that moment when I was reminded of yesterday's events.

"Don't test my patience... I won't be so kind."

I just stared at him blankly, still in a state of shock, and still gasping for breath. He looked at me for a while then sighed as he rubbed his thumb on my lips.

"Also, I'll be going on a business trip so you don't have to cook my meals in the meantime. I'll be back next week."

Was what he said. All the while, I was thinking I'd die of suffocation. I was too surprised I couldn't even think to breathe... Fortunately, he eventually stopped, probably noticing how I'm already out of breath. And that's how I managed to escape an embarrassing death...

I don't understand him. At all. Why did he angry-kiss me? Why was he angry, in the first place?? Because I call other men by their names? What should I call them then if not their names!?

I huffed in a jeering manner. Besides! I've only ever mentioned one guy's name and that's Lawrence. And he's not even a "guy"! Well, I did try to incite him by saying I have tons of guys but didn't he investigate me already?? He should have known I was lying! And also! Is there a good reason why he'd be angry because of that?