Dreams come true (2)

The petals finally dispersed and darkness took over. No longer was I in the paradise-like garden. The drastic change in environment frightened me, but I kept my eyes open for whatever may come out. Soon enough, the sound of distant rain reached my ears. I blinked and jumped in surprise when a flash of lightning lit my surroundings. A deafening thunder accompanied it and I stood still as my eyes focused on a boy in front of me. He looked to be about 12 or 13 years old but his eyes betrayed a heaviness that shouldn't be seen in a child.

"Kill me... please... I'm tired... You understand, right..?"

My ears twitched at the sobbing voice that was filled with desolation and misery. It tugged at my heart and I wondered what she had experienced to sound so destitute. I lowered my gaze to the woman weeping on the floor. By this time, my eyes had adjusted to the dim environment and I could more or less recognize some details.

What I saw had me shell-shocked. Ugly bruises were covering her exposed skin, blue ones layering on top of black blemishes. It was painful to look at and I was come with revulsion that someone is actually so cruel to hurt a person to such extent. Her hair was a mess and she was shivering... Either from the pain or the water that drenched her...- I don't want to think about it. You'd have to be so detached to inflict that much injury on someone...

"I can't... kill you..." The boy responded with a trembling voice. He was looking down at her in complete bewilderment and I felt for him. "Why... are you asking me to do such a thing..?" he added, this time with a look of horror on his face.

"I-I'm your mother... If you truly love me... You wouldn't let me suffer any longer... would you?"

Her twisted words were said loud and clear. "Wh-what are you saying to a kid..? I'll help you! Let's escape, so don't say anymore!" I ran to them, attempting to do as I said but when I tried to help her up, my hands passed through their bodies.

...Why can't I touch her? I tried once more but my actions garnered the same result.

"No..." He shook his head. "I...-"

"U..ziel... I beg you..." She held the boy's hand with a strong grip.

I stood paralyzed by her words. Uziel..? I slowly turned to the boy, taking my time to scrutinize his features that I barely looked at earlier. Black hair... Black eyes. He really was similar to the man I was familiar with... Like a smaller version of him... Realization hit me like a bucket of cold water as I repeatedly blinked at the image before me.

By memories of another person... did she mean Uziel..? But wasn't this just a dream..?

"Do it... Here... Hold this knife."

I was alarmed when I saw his mother hand him the sharp weapon. It glinted in the dim light and my wide eyes zeroed in on the sharp blade. This is ridiculous... Was she that desperate..? Even so... he's just a kid! Her own son! Why would you ask your own child to murder you..!?

"Don't... Don't do this to him..!" I attempted to snatch the knife but the action proved useless once more when I gained no results. 

"Before your father returns... Kill me. That would also lift a lot of your burdens... w-wouldn't it?"

I couldn't believe my ears. Can she not see how terrified he looked..? How can she make this an issue about him..? My head shook involuntarily, displaying my disagreement when he took the knife. Even though his hands were shaking... Even though he looked so wrought in pain, he resigned to her wishes.

"Good boy..." She cooed, smiling at him gently.

"No... No! Take you words back... Let go of the knife..!" I called out but neither heard me.