Mr. Smart

"Fuck you." Jellal Renato spat at me but my expression remained indifferent. 

I let out a breath, a translucent mist coming out of my mouth as I did so. The usual cold and dark enclosed room is now brightly lit in my presence as I stood in front of my newly acquired pawn.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I prefer women." I replied as I tilted my head at his bruised and battered body. Even though I wasn't on my best mood and didn't hold back, he persisted throughout my interrogation, further spoiling my mood.

If he refuses to talk further, I'll have to extend my stay in City A. Three long days have already passed after the unsavory dinner with Rui's friends. And despite leaving her under Lilac's watch, thinking about her oblivious defenseless state while in the company of a man named Lawrence is making me constantly worry. Not to mention, I have yet to know the identity of the co-founder. If he as much as heard about Rui Hughes... 

I clenched my jaws, not wanting to think about it. Instead, I focused my attention to Jellal.

I would have expected him to spill all the beans by now but his mouth remained sealed. Grabbing his hair to level our gazes, I asked him again, "Tell me his name." 

The man laughed as blood trickled down his face. His right eye is barely open, twitching as it had swollen to the point it probably must have hurt when he tried to glare at me. 

"You'll never know." 

He's as irritating as ever. "Oh? But I do know he's an old crook." I tried to bait him as I released his hair and his head drooped. By this time, he's too weak to see through my words.

After all, I made sure to torture him day and night. I instructed my men to leave him alone for two days prior my visit, allowing no visitors but the rodents. Gave him scraps to eat and called on my men to beat him. If he's still able to resist then I'll have to use drastic measures. A finger or two won't kill him.

"I don't know the whole idea of his game but I do know he's going to lose." One way or another, that is.

A few moments passed and the man didn't bother to respond so I looked to one of the men standing behind him.

"Wake him up."

A bucket of ice cold water was poured over his head, drenching his fresh and already healing wounds. Jellal Renato gasped as he jumped in his seat, surprised and screaming in pain. He started to shiver a second later and his teeth chattered as he looked around rather absent mindedly.

"The name?" I asked, giving him one last chance.

He looked at me with trembling lips, blood oozing his left temple where a gash was gaping open. Tears formed in his eyes as he cursed at me. 

"You motherfucking monster! I'll kill you! You hear me!? I'll kill yo- kueegghh!"  

I launched at his throat, feeling my patience drain at its lowest. "We both know we're monsters. The only difference..?" I tightened my grip, making him struggle and cough beneath my fingers. "Unless you want to know who the bigger monster is, you'll tell me his name. Now." 

I saw his eyes dart behind him in a familiar manner. "..*cough-I'd r-rather...d-*cough-iee." 

Hmm... So it's like that? 

I narrowed my eyes at him. "So be it." 

I let go of his flimsy neck and stood straight. "Knife." I held out my hands and instantly, the item was left in my palms. 

"Wh-what are you going to d-do?" Jellal's hoarse voice filled the room as he stared at me wide eyed. His legs flailed, trying to move his chair back as far away as possible. 

I am a love interest in a harem novel!?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें