Decisions

It hasn't been long when Kassis arrived. How he found us, I don't really know. I'm just glad he's here. I wouldn't be able to answer questions if the police or the doctor were to suddenly pop up and ask me. His eyes immediately fell on Ashton... then to me.

"I see... He finally found you." He muttered, the words rolling out of his tongue slowly.

I gazed up at him as my wig fell off, revealing my real hair that resembled a bird's nest. Well... I would be surprised if it remained straight and pretty despite the wind and all that unnecessary drama. I guess, even pretty girls can have a bad hair day... But that's not really important, right now.

"...Finally..?"

He dragged his other feet from behind, placing it beside the other, as he sighed heavily. "Why don't you talk with my boss when he's feeling a little better?"

How is he so confident that Uziel will get better? If he had seen his state a while ago, he wouldn't be that confident...

A nurse from the operating room suddenly stormed out into the hallway, looking very much alert. 

"Do any of you have -AB blood type?"

Kassis frowned. "I'm... B." At that moment, I saw a tiny bit of anxiety appear on his face.

I gulped. "I'm also...-" B...

Ashton stood up. "I'm -AB blood type. I'm healthy and neither do I drink nor smoke."

The nurse nodded. "Come with me. Let's get you prepped up."

My worries eased up a bit. I thought he has something going on with Uziel, recalling the fight earlier but it seems I'm mistaken since he took the initiative to help him.

Kassis sat beside me, but left a gaping hole in between. It's not as if I wished for him to sit closer but I could just feel the strong barrier he has against me, neither of which do I care at the moment. "We all thought you were kidnapped by him, but that's clearly not what happened."

My gaze snapped to him. "What..?"

"You suddenly disappeared with him and he had immediately deduced that you were kidnapped."

He? Uziel? Then what about Kassis..? Did he think I deliberately disappeared?

I licked my lips and replied, a little defensively. "I'm not so scheming like your boss."

He didn't say anything, making me chuckle bitterly. "I don't know why I have to explain my actions to you, but fine... We don't have much to do anyway." And I would really like to have a distraction right now.

"That day..." I gulped and sighed before resuming. "After I signed the new contract you brought to my apartment, he came back and... and... because of some circumstances, he did... and said things that...- that meant he'd basically make my life a living hell. That very same day, I also learned that someone wants to kill me for revenge. And it was Ashton who told me that."

He frowned but remained silent so I spoke further.

"You might not understand fully but if you were in my position, disappearing without a word is the only choice you could make. There's no way I would involve Shirly over this. And the police is of no use. Your boss is the same... Not even if you think otherwise. That's why... I risked asking for Ashton's help."

"I hope that explanation is enough for you." I added, feeling annoyed.

"I apologize if I was... rude. I'm merely being cautious." He said after a minute. I bet he doesn't mean that but I don't really expect sincerity out of him not when his boss is the same.