The First Victim (Uziel)

"You look like you've been shot..."

I glanced over at Lilac's lying figure in my visitor's lounge. I'll have to remind Kassis to tighten the security again.

With the most baritone voice he could muster, he added passionately, "By a love bullet."

"Why are you here?" I ignored his words as I went to my desk to look at the submitted proposals regarding the company's new marketing strategy.

"Don't worry. I had Jake assume my post for a while." He sat up properly and came around my table.

"At any rate, I just wanted to relay my report personally. I've dearly missed your charming face, you know." He carried on to speak enthusiastically when I didn't comment on his earlier words. I continued to ignore him as I carefully skimmed through the first proposal. I know exactly why he came here. His previous words are already evidence of my speculation.

He sighed as he sat snugly at the edge of the table. "She's been hanging out with her friends at that small company, as usual. Shirly and that Lawrence guy..." He drawled.

"..."

"Also, her sense of danger is zero to nonexistent! Just yesterday, I managed to take care of two guys following her. Your exes are all so vicious. I'm telling you that girl is going to die early if she continues hopping around like an oblivious rabbit in front of a pack of savage wolves." Lilac clicked his tongue as if feeling sorry for the lady.

I looked at him just then. "Die? The only people who'll lose their lives are the senseless idiots who provoke me."

Lilac looked at me, his eyes slightly narrowing. He looked deep in thought and whatever was in his head is likely something useless.

"Is there anything else?" I inquired as I shuffled through the other proposals.

"...Nothing. I'll go back now." He backed away from the table and trudged back with a disappointed look on his face.

At that moment, Kassis made an entrance and saw that his colleague had once again managed to breach the company's surveillance.

"Yo, four-eyes!" Lilac greeted with a haughty look.

"Watch your tongue, or I'll cut it out for you." Kassis glared at the redhead's goading.

I sighed, already predicting a head ache. 

Every damn time... 

These two men act like cats and dogs hissing and barking at each other whenever they meet eye to eye.

"If you want to kill each other then do it outside." I'm sick of their childish squabbles. My hands are already full, as is.

"I've no time to deal with his nonsense, anyway." Kassis passed by the smirking bastard and moved closer to the table.

"Yeah, yeah." Lilac shrugged his shoulders and exited without uttering any of his maddening come backs. He probably noticed my mood was starting to dampen.

"What is it?" I asked Kassis when he settled a folder on my worktop.

"Mr. Sebastian cryptically forwarded it to me. He said, 'The coffee is getting colder,'."

I rubbed my temple as I laid back in my chair for a moment. The coffee is getting colder... Or rather, the evidences are slowly being destroyed. "Whose case is it?"

"I believe it's Mr. Oliver Wilson's. How will you deal with this, boss?"

Oliver Wilson again? That old crook not once did learn his lesson. I never minded his business for the past ten years because it might surmise suspicion but I guess it's finally time.