Oblivious (1)

I'm furious.

I glared at the reason for my demise as I sipped my warm milk. He was seated in the living room, skimming a stack of documents yet managing to look as tranquil as a lake. I exhaled as I cast my eyes to the view outside the massive window providing daylight in the interior. The view helped me calm a bit but it didn't do anything to remove the frustration in my chest.

It isn't exactly his fault but if I were to pinpoint the root of the problem, it would most definitely be him. In a span of three months, I've met a number of ladies that seemed to equate our relationship of being roommates as lovers. What nonsense! We haven't even spoken for longer than a minute to be called acquaintances!

And really... It would have been nice if they stopped at that assumption but no, they have to make my life a living hell.

I let out another sigh when I remembered the rejection I received from my last application to be a waitress. My weekends have become a total waste as I've lost my employment at the local café. At first, I thought it can't be helped if they really need to lay-off one employee (me). Although it gave me a bit of resentment, it's true that I am only a newcomer so I understand that the first choice would, without a doubt, be me. Hence, I didn't really put much thought into it and accepted their decision without complaints.

However, that supposition slowly died out when I was strangely rejected by all the jobs I've applied to. Someone is obviously pulling some strings.

When I finally sat down to think about it, I remembered about the fuming faces those ladies had displayed once they found out that I was Uziel's roommate. The meetings, too, were not coincidental as compared with Vivian's case. They had deliberately met with me and asked me to leave Uziel's apartment while looking at me as if I was no more than dirt. I obviously declined which explains my predicament.

But what do they want me to do? I have a debt to pay and the cheap rent is helping me save more money than I can probably save if I move out. The location is also nice as it was not too far from the company I go to work as an intern. In simple terms, it's too big of a loss if I leave this place. I tried to explain to them the general situation but they wouldn't believe me.

And while some have offered me money, it felt too dangerous to accept their favors. They weren't just ordinary rich heiresses, after all. Rather,  a lot of the women come from a family of syndicates. Also, I have already signed a contract. And with a mafia boss to boot. Do I really want to add more to that?

I heaved out a heavier sigh before chomping on the bread in my hands. Since it's come to this, I need to personally tackle the source of the problem, however due to his extremely busy schedule I couldn't get the right timing to squeeze myself in, even for a tiny bit.

My phone suddenly rang, but I was too deep in thought to notice it until I caught Uziel staring at me, the paper in his hands facing down.

"Sorry..." I smiled at him ruefully and quickly picked up the call.

"Hey! You're free today right?" Shirly's voice filled my ear the moment I held my phone to my ear.

"Yes." I answered, not really curious why she's asking.

"I'm going to a blind date but we're one person short. Please come? Please, please!"

Blind date?

"...I'm tired. Ask someone else." I'm afraid I'll only ruin the mood with my dreary humor equipped with an even more dreary social skills. I'm more of an introvert than an extrovert, so group blind dates are taxing for me. It involves a lot of talking and flirting, something that I have grown to dislike.

I am a love interest in a harem novel!?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara