You are right

I woke up, still a bit delirious but my senses are better now. I could recognize everything clearly. Albeit with more effort than usual but it was better than yesterday's ordeal. I was bordering between reality and dreams and couldn't make out simple shapes without my head hurting, but now I could see the details of the white ceiling panels without any problems. I could feel the soft texture of the blanket draped over my body. 

I could feel even the slight chill of the morning air, despite the heater that was working properly in the room. 

I sat up slowly, ignoring the dull pounding in my head. 

"...Leila?" I called out, recalling how she came last night. I looked around but didn't see any trace of her. I was sure I didn't imagine it... Even though I wasn't fully awake, I know it was her who looked after me for the night. I remember her scent very well. I frowned as I recalled the sullen look on her face when I tried to open my eyes one time. Anxiety pricked at my chest as I tried to search for any of her belongings. 

Nothing. 

"Leila..?" I uttered, coughing at the dryness of my throat, my mind already running a ton of possible scenarios that might happen or have happened. Did she go out for a walk..? Or maybe someone kidnapped her again..? Or perhaps..? 

Warning bells rang in my head as my eyes found a familiar leather-bound notebook sitting atop the bed-side table. Rui Hughe's diary... My heart thundered in my chest. I quickly pulled out the IV drip connected to my vein and unintentionally drew out blood from the swift action, but it didn't deter me. On the contrary, it helped me gather adrenaline as I flung the blanket off my body. I then proceeded to get out of the bed, groaning with each movement. Cold sweat beaded my forehead as I limped to the door, pushing it open forcefully while shouting her name.

"B-boss..! You can't walk so soon-!" 

"Unhand me!" I roared at the familiar man who tried to stop me. Did Kassis put them here? I shut my eyes and shook my head when I felt my vision spin. My priority right now is to find her. I pushed their hands away blindly as I walked out of the room fully, forcing my eyes to focus at both ends of the long hallway.

"Sir, you can't get out of your bed yet!" A nurse stopped me but I ignored her and continued to search for Leila. My eyes panned the interior like a hawk. A few seconds later and my efforts were finally rewarded when I caught her figure entering the elevator. Instantly, a relieved smile creeped up on my lips until two nurses blocked my view. I instinctively pushed them away from my line of sight.  

"No! Leila! Leila-!!" I heaved, coughing- later on hunching at the excruciating pain emanating from my stomach, but I never strayed my eyes away from her. My throat felt parched and all the shouting made it worse. But all was worth it when she finally noticed me... She saw me... It was merely for a second but our eyes met and I knew she recognized me, so... Why did she look away as if... As if I wasn't here..? My smile fell. Time seemed to stop as my expression slowly morphed to that of horror.

"Leila!!... Leila, I know you saw me! Leila!"  

I ran to her as fast as I can, gasping with each painful movement. It didn't help that the nurses tried to restrain me. They were trying to convince me to return and rest but I couldn't hear rhyme nor reason as the elevator doors closed, hiding her silhouette. 

No...

"Sir! I advice you to go back to your bed or your injuries will reopen!" The first nurse tried to lead me back into the room but I managed to get out of her reach. 

These damned pesky nurses... I stared them down, feeling my patience diminishing. 

"Stop me again. I won't be so forgiving next time." I threatened, freezing everyone in their spots. They didn't look so confident now as they looked at each other hesitantly. Finally having no one to hinder me, I continued to limp to the second elevator, bumping against strangers that looked at me as if I was crazy and ignoring the voices behind me.