Chase

My jaw began to feel numb from gritting my teeth. It took all of my self-control to stop myself from going berserk after the call.

I can not lose composure. It will hamper my efficiency and I need it now more than ever. I stamped my emotions down and sped into the highway once I received Lilac's location.

Within half an hour, I arrived at Lilac's residence surprisingly without incurring serious accidents.

I didn't bother to invite myself in the Control Room, hidden inside the building. I stayed by my car, ready to depart once more if needed. I only hope Lilac gathered useful clues about where she was being taken, if there were any, at all.

A minute later and I noticed a patch of red appear from the dreary facade of the building. The stone grey color of the seemingly residential mansion was an astounding contrast to the green shrubs that looked very healthy but were too overgrown, and thus looked more fitted in a wild forest rather than in a front yard garden.

He came out in a rush and didn't seem to mind that he was still wearing inside slippers. 

"Report." I uttered in a low voice as soon as he reached a conversational distance. He looked deep in thought and his usually carefree face was smothered with exhaustion.

I could feel the changing of the seasons as the cold air hung stagnant between us. My breaths were forming obscure mists that quickly dissipated in the atmosphere. I wonder if she's feeling cold. Is she wearing enough clothes? Is she eating well..-?

"Boss," He looked a little reluctant but he continued to speak, anyway. "I went to Rui Hughe's apartment just in case we missed something... Everything was as the police had observed but I noticed her wardrobe seemed to look messy as if some clothes were grabbed in a hurry..." Lilac paused right then.

"What are you implying?"

"Boss... Maybe... She went with them willingly..?"

I stared right at him. "No."

"She. did. not." I added.

"It's just a speculation but we shouldn't dismiss the possibility that she might be on their si-"

In one swift motion, I closed the space between us, grabbed his collar and slammed him to the fence behind him. "Continue your words and you'll see your tongue roll this street." I made sure to emphasize my sincerity word by word as I gazed deep into his eyes.

Lilac coughed from the sudden force, wincing weakly under the pressure of my control. This pathetic reaction didn't stop me from pushing my elbow on his neck, however. I only released him when he flailed, gesturing an okay sign with his fingers to communicate his agreement.

"If you have time to think such ridiculous thoughts, put it to better use."

"I... Understand..." Lilac answered in a strained voice

In the end, I wasted my time coming here. Lilac seemed to have met a dead end with how he's looking so drained. I could only hope Renato's skills will not let me down.

"Anyway, tell those who are willing to stay to prepare themselves."

Lilac raised his eyes to meet mine.

"There will be war."

"Yes... Boss."

He asked for war. I will give him death.

Even if I have to face him alone, I will make sure he dies...

Until then... stay alive.

Leila.

***

A/N: A short chapter. Rui Hughes' POV will come back as soon as the the slight action ends. d(^^*)

         Thank you for the votes and comments!!! I love you and stay safe alwaysss~(○゚ε^○)