Chapter 4

Chapter 4

After I read that text, I freaked out. I ran toward James room, only to find the door locked. I ran toward Derek's room and he was playing on his phone. I ran inside and slammed the door. "Woah Mari! What the hell is going on?" He asked. I showed him the text and he looked furious.

I started to tear up out of terror, but he calmed me down. "Look, it's ok. I will track this number down and find out who it is ok?" He said. I nodded. He walked out of the room to get all of my brothers, who were probably doing their own thing. So I headed back to my room to hide.

As soon as I laid down on my bed, I heard loud knocking, like someone is terrified. The door opened and I saw Ethan, Ollie, and Aaron standing there. They all rushed in and dove on top of me. "We will protect you lil sis. We promise." Ollie said. I nodded but looked very unsure. Could they keep their promise?

The guys ended up leaving my room, which left me all alone, until I heard someone shout, "WHY THE HELL IS HE THREATENING HER?!" I opened my door and walked downstairs to see all of my brothers gathered on the couch. "Who was that?" I asked. All of them looked at me, then looked at each other, having silent conversations.

"Hello? Who was that?" I asked. James came over and put his hand on my back and lead me to his room. He closed the door and sat on his bed. I sat on it too, patiently waiting for him to tell me something. "James, who was that?" I asked. He sighed.

"I'd rather not tell you baby." He said. I was getting really frustrated. "What are you guys hiding from me?" I shouted. I didn't mean to, I just did. James looked at me with shock because I never had an outburst before. "Mari, that person who was threatening you, was our cousin, Julio." I gulped. Julio hated my guts. For no reason!

Flashback

I was at my Aunt Isabel's house, and I went inside and looked for my cousins. I saw my favorite cousin aka my best friend Cristina. Cristina has 3 older brothers. Julio, Mateo, and Felipe. (If you can't tell, they're my cousins from my dads side). I'm best friends with Cristina because 1. We're close in age, I'm a month older, and 2. I can relate to having older brother problems.

Anyway, as soon as I got to Cristina's room, she was sitting on her bed crying. As soon as I went to console her, she started freaking out. "NO STAY AWAY FROM ME!" I backed off and was really shocked to say the least. "He told me what you did, what you ALL DID!" She shouted. I sat on her bed, and scooted closer to her. "What do you mean? Did what?" I asked.

"You and your brothers, killed my father." She said. I was shocked. I didn't do anything! "No we didn't Cristina, I promise you!" I said. "He told me you did it! He said all of you shot him and disposed his body!" She said. I shook my head. "No we didn't! The police caught the person who killed Uncle Hayden." I explained.

"But, he told me you guys were murderers." She said. "Who did?" I asked. "Julio. He said he saw you kill him." She said.

And because of him, I lost my best friend. He accused me of something I didn't do. He is no longer family.

I got out of my flashback and returned to James shaking me. "Mari, you ok?" He asked. I nodded. "I'm fine." My voice cracked at the end. He sighed. "See, this is why I didn't want to tell you! You're terrified!" He exclaimed. I sighed and left the room. I turned the corner and got my coat and went outside, but not before hearing my brothers scream my name.

Hey guys! Wow, I almost have 200 reads on this! I thought it wasn't going to be popular, but I got bored and decided to post the stories. But thank you guys for reading! Byeeee