Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I walked over to the couch and sat down, all of them staring me down. "So Mari, care to explain to me what happened when I was in the other room?" James asked. I blanked. I couldn't figure out what to say! "Umm, the guys threw me in the pool." I said. I wasn't telling all the truth, but it wasn't exactly lying. "They told me that, what did you try to do?" He asked.

I shrunk down into the couch. "What. Did. You. Do. Amari?" James growled. Oh no, he was pissed. "I um, I pretended to drown." I said softly toward the end. "What? I can't hear you with your mumbling." He said. "I pretended to drown." I said louder. "Aha, much better. Do you see the problem with that Amari María Johnson?" He asked.

I nodded sheepishly. "Give me your phone." James said putting his hand out. "I don't have it, you guys took it remember? So you could find out who was threatening me?" I sassed. "Don't get sassy with me missy. Go to your room." He barked. I left without another word. I went to my room and closed the door and dove on my bed.

I landed on something and it made a crunch noise. I lifted myself up and saw a letter sitting there. And it was written in Spanish, luckily I speak Spanish (I'm sorry if this is wrong, I'm using a translator)

Spanish English

Querido Amari,
Te he estado mirando por la ventana cuando estás dormido. Si no vienes al almacén abandonado en cinco horas todos tus hermanos morirán.

                                                                  Love Julio.

Dear Amari,

I have been watching you through your window when you're asleep. If you don't come to the abandoned warehouse in five hours, all your brothers will die.

                                                                 Love Julio

I gasped and ran downstairs, almost tripping. I ran to the living room and looked at all my brothers. James sighed. "Mari, I told you to go to your r-" "I found a letter on my bed!" I cut him off. James looked at me suspiciously. "Give me the letter." He said. I handed him the letter, and he read it. "You're not going to go. We can handle ourselves. I'm glad you told us baby." He said. I nodded and went back upstairs.

I got on my bed again, and decided to lay down. I tried to close my eyes and fall asleep, but I wasn't that tired. I was terrified. What if Julio comes to kill them? I have to go, but I will go at midnight when I know everyone is asleep. I have to go to the warehouse. I can't risk playing with my brothers lives.

Hey guys! Rn I'm being spammed with texts so I'm going to stop it here. I'm going to go to bed now, so goodnight everyone!