My story of the flu ⚠️READ⚠️ part 2

Thursday, February 27

I got my mom sick, so she stayed home. I woke up around 8 because my stomach was upset. Then I realized, I need to use the bathroom. So I jumped down my ladder (I have a loft bed) and rushed to the bathroom which was luckily a couple steps next to my room. I went in there and just threw up the acid I had from my orange juice yesterday.

After that, I took my flu pill, my theraflu, and went right back to bed, on my couch. My dad was texting me asking if my mom was feeling better because she wasn't answering his texts. I said I didn't know, I haven't seen her all day, and this was around 1 ish. He kept texting me telling me to take my temp and it stayed in the 101 category. Basically all day I kept texting my dad, and he was getting annoyed at me lol. I couldn't go to sleep cuz honestly, I hated taking my pills, so my fever kept getting higher and higher.

Then at 3:30, my dad got home. And he made me take my pills. After that, I fell asleep. Didn't wake up for the rest of the night.

Friday, February 28

I woke up around 5 ish with a huge cough. So I just got up out of bed and went down to my couch and fell asleep. Ha you thought. I kept coughing, and I thought I was going to school, but my dad said I should stay home. Which I never thought that day would come because my dad is always like "tough it out, you'll be fine." Now he wanted me to stay home. Anyway, he made me take all my pills and liquid delsym, and made me go back to bed. Keep in mind, it was like 6 am when he did this.

Then I went back to the couch, and started coughing, then eventually fell asleep. The next time I woke up was around 12 when my friend Emma texted me. I texted her back, then just went on tiktok and watched Markiplier the whole time. Then my dad came home, checked on my mom because she was still sick. So yea, then I did something I do and don't regret Saturday.

Saturday, February 29

February 29, was when I had my last basketball game at home. And it was a mixture of 7th and 8th graders, and they were announcing the 8th graders since it was their last year playing at home. So I had to go. I went to my school, went into the gym and started warming up. Just jogging to the court where my team was made me cough. I kept shooting and practicing, and the surprising thing was, I started the game, and I didn't even go to Monday's practice!

So we did our drill we always worked on, and when I got to the other side where we were doing, my teammate passed me the ball, I shot it, and made it. I then asked the coach to pull me out because I was coughing so much, I couldn't breathe. So the coach pulled me out, and when I sat down, they said that they could hear the mucus inside because I wasn't breathing normally. So that happened.

Then the game was over, we won, and that was that. I was laughing because when they announced me, they butchered my last name. My last name is Feese, pronounced like Fees, because the last e is silent, and they pronounced it like how it was spelled. That was basically the whole day, I was on my couch watching Markiplier and Jacksepticeye play Prop Hunt with Bob and Wade.

Sunday, March 1

I was feeling a whole lot better. No fever, no nothing. I still had to keep taking my medicine. But that was basically about it. I did what I normally did. So I had to go to school again. And it wasn't fun.

Monday, March 2

I did my usual school routine, and my mom was going back to work because she was feeling better. So my dad took me to school, dropped me off. And I went to my classroom. I packed up for my morning bells, and went to sit in my homeroom seat. I had my gym shirt since my first bell on Mondays and Tuesdays are gym. So my friend and I walked to the gym and changed in the bathroom and walked back out. (Our other friend was sick with the flu since one of the kids who also had the flu came back a day early).

So we had to do a drill in basketball, which ok, I'm ok at. And I was going to tell the gym teacher I couldn't do it, but there was a sub, and she would probably tell me to stop faking. So I toughed it out, and went to do the basketball drill. I did that, which a lot of running around I had to do. After the drill was finished, I thought I was going to vomit. Everyone else was shooting and playing, but I offered to help set up the cones again, thinking that would help calm my stomach.

Then we went back to the science room, that was our next class and our homeroom, and we were grading homework that we did last week. So I asked my teacher if I could go in the hallway, and she said yes since I was absent. I went in the hallway and instead of working on work, I was talking to one of my friends. But even talking made my stomach really upset. So when we got to the classroom, I asked my teacher to go to the bathroom, and she was taking my notes for me, I rushed to the bathroom which was luckily not far for me, and just vomited my guts out to say the least.

This is what I like to call the aftermath of the flu, if you can't cough up stuff, you'll throw it up. And sadly, that's what I did. So I told my teacher I threw up, she sent me to the nurse. And I went there so much, the nurse just glares at me when she sees me 😂. So I sat there for about 30 minutes waiting for one of my family members to pick me up, and when my grandma picked me up, I asked for a bag just in case I needed to throw up. I told my grandma that I felt so sick, I didn't even think I could make it up the stairs without puking. I gagged a little when I stood up to get my backpack, but was fine... for a second.

I rushed up the stairs to my house, set my backpack down, got my phone out, and rushed to the sink and threw up. It sucked. Then I got my absent work from my backpack, took it to my room, got a glass of ice water, and went to bed. That's basically what I did, then I did my work all night.

The next day I threw up again, but stayed in school. So yea. My story of the flu is now finished.