Chapter 18

Amari's POV

After that talk I had with my cousin, we both fell into a peaceful sleep. But as soon as I woke up, Cristina was not by me. I kinda freaked out a bit because is she planning to kill my brothers? Was she trying to hurt my mom? What is she doing? I got out of bed and snooped around until I got to the kitchen and saw her eating something, most likely cereal.

I shrugged it off and went to get breakfast and I sat down next to Cristina. It was silent for a little bit, until I spoke up so she knew I was there. "Are you planning on staying here for awhile?" I asked. She shrugged. "I don't know, I can't go back home. They'll kill me, can I stay with you? At least til I'm 18?" She asked. I sighed. "I'll check with James. See if we can make the guest bedroom your room." I said.

We just sat there and talked until my mom and my brothers came down. Ethan walked over to me. "Good morning lil sis." He said and sat down next to me. I smiled at him. "Good morning favorite brother of mine." I said. Everyone gasped. I gulped, knowing they would chase after me except Ethan. I scurried our of my chair and dove toward the backyard and went to go hide in the treehouse. When I was climbing the ladder, someone grabbed my leg, preventing me from climbing.

"Please! Have mercy on me!" I screamed. The voice chuckled and let go, because they knew I was going to climb down. That's basically our secret code saying I surrender. I see Ollie ready to tackle me, so I ran around the tree house, catching him off guard and ran back into the house. Only to be caught by my four other older brothers. I ran around the table and got caught by Aaron and Ryan. I ran around the other way to be caught by James and Derek.

I then had an idea. I moved some of the chairs out of the way and crawled under the table. I started laughing because none of the boys could get under here. Then, our fun was killed by our very grumpy mother. "Boys, Mari. It's 8 am, enough rough housing." She said. I got out from under the table and went to the couch to watch tv with Cristina. She was watching Riverdale, and I think it was season 4 because I've never seen the episode.

We watched it for a little bit and decided to go out to eat. With or without my brothers. I don't care. I need food or I'm going to be hangry.

There! I finally updated. It may be awhile before I update again, school work and family stuff. So toodles for now! Byeeee