My story of the flu ⚠️READ⚠️

Hey guys! So Amari now has the flu, and I had the flu, and I'm going to explain my story so you guys know the differences of my flu and Amari's flu.

Sunday, February 23

I was home from basketball and I changed into my hoodie and laid on my couch in my room. I felt very comfortable and very warm. I knew something wasn't right because I always like to be cold. So that gave me a clue that I was sick. I took a nap and when I woke up, I could hear my parents in the kitchen, but I was so tired and sore that I didn't want to get up, but they wouldn't believe that I didn't feel well, so I ended up getting up and going in the kitchen.

My mom asked me what was wrong, so I told her I didn't feel well, so she told me to take my temperature. I took it and it was 100.5. So she told me to ask one of my friends if they could take my work for me and to get in the shower. I texted one of my friends asking if she could take my work, then got in the shower. Usually, I would take quick showers, like 10 minute ones. This time I took 20 minutes. After I found the will to get out of the shower, I got dressed, brushed my hair and was ready to go to bed.

My dad stopped me and made me take night time theraflu pills. I took them and as soon as I got into bed, it took about 15 minutes and I was out like a light.

Monday, February 24

My mom took off work that day so she could help take care of me. My mom woke me up and made me go into her room so we could chill and watch movies. But before I went into her room, she made me take theraflu night time pills, so that way I could hopefully sleep the illness off. I did that and got my pillow and went into her room and within 20 minutes of watching Monsters University, I fell asleep.

The next time I woke up was around 2 ish and my mom was on the floor next to the bed reading. I looked and saw that we were watching Ratatouille.(Monsters University, Monsters Inc., and Ratatouille are the three movies I love to watch when I'm home from school or I'm sick). So I just sat up and played on my phone for a bit. Then at 3:30, my dad got home. So I just went into my room and watched Riverdale while watching Markiplier.

Then my dad came in and told me that I had to take more medicine. I went into the kitchen, took the pills, and went back into my room heading to bed because I knew it was gonna knock me out. And 20 minutes later, it did.

Tuesday, February 25

Usually, when I'm off school or sick, my mom would wake me up and make me go into her room so I could make sure the dogs don't tear anything up. (I have 3 dogs and 5 cats for future reference). My mom made me take my temp and when I took it, it was like 103.7 or something like that. My mom made me take more theraflu pills and I went into her room. I turned on Netflix and continued watching Riverdale.

I had trouble sleeping because I was hot, then I was cold. And I couldn't find a comfortable position. And I was on my period, so that makes things fun. I ended up falling asleep, then woke up to my mom calling me asking if I'm feeling better, sadly I wasn't. She made me take my temp, and luckily my fever went down to 101.4. Then when we hung up, I went back to bed.

The next time I woke up was to my dad coming home, because the dogs started barking, which was around 3:30. He made me take my temp, and it went back up to 102.4. So I went in my room and slept. I then woke up around 7 and my mom made me take another shower. Well, the steam woke me up and made me feel a little bit better. I got out and before my dad could stop me, I went to bed.

Wednesday, February 26

This time, my dad took off work so he could take me to the doctor. So around 8:30 ish, I got dressed and ready for the doctor. So my dad took me to the doctor and we just chilled til the nurse called me back, and the doctor was in there already, so the nurse was running a couple tests on me like blood pressure and stuff like that. And the doctor was asking questions like my symptoms, when my birthday was.

Then came the flu test. If you haven't had a flu test, it SUCKS! They stick a q-tip soooo far up your nose, you think they're trying to get a sample of your brain. And they do that to both nostrils! It makes tears stream down my face, but I'm not crying. Then they analyzed it, and the doctor said I had influenza b, which is like a chest flu per say. After that, my dad took me to get McDonald's and then we went home. (And the doctor said until I'm fever free for 24 hrs, I wasn't allowed back in school). I got a prescription and my dad picked that up along with some cough medicine. So I just basically chilled in my room, drank orange juice, and did my thing with taking pills, and went to bed.

Part 2 coming soon!