Chapter 15

Chapter 15

James's POV

I turned around the corner and entered the kitchen to get something to eat. Cristina and mom stopped talking and pretended to do something else. When I was getting something to eat, I heard footsteps come down and I look up to see Mari coming down lazily, like she just woke up.

"Well good morning sleepy head." I said jokingly and started patting her head. Since she was still half asleep, she just allowed it instead of trying to push my hand off. She went over to the table like a slug and laid her head down. I went over to my mom, who was in the living room, and gestured her into the other room.

She followed me into the bathroom and we started to talk. It was very quiet so I decided to break the ice. "What did Cristina say to you?" She tried to deny it, but I cut her off. "Mom, I know she said something to you. I heard her tell you that she is forced to kill Mari." I said. She sighed and started to tear up. I pulled her into a hug to try to get her to explain what happened.

We pulled away and she had tears streaming down her face. "Cristina was ordered by her brothers to hurt Mari. And if she doesn't cooperate, then they ordered Cristina to kill her." She sobbed. I nodded and walked out to where Mari was passed out on the dinner table. I look and see Cristina standing there with regret on her face.

I walked close to her, and she started backing away. "What the hell did you do to her?!" I started raising my voice. She whimpered and backed into a wall. I smirked knowing she can't get away. "Cristina, what did you do to Mari?!" I screamed. She started crying. "I'm sorry! They threatened me! They threatened to kill me if I didn't do it! I'm sorry!" She screamed.

After hearing her screams, my brothers all ran downstairs to see what was going on. "James? What's happening?" Ethan asked. I held onto Cristina making sure she didn't escape. "Our sweet little cousin here, did something to our sister." I said, anger flowing through me. Ryan went over to her and checked for her pulse. "She's still breathing. But I'll check over her to make sure there was no damage done." He said.

Ryan picked Mari up and carried her upstairs, while my mom, me, and my brothers stayed here to interrogate Cristina. "Finish your sentence, what did they threaten to do to you?" I asked. She cried. "They threatened to kill mom!" She yelled. What? Aunt Isabel is dead, she killed herself. "But isn't she dead?" Derek asked. Cristina shook her head. "No, she faked her death and took us. But she found out my brothers secret and threatened to expose them." "What's the secret?" I asked.

"They were the ones who killed my father."

Finally! Sorry guys, I was busy with school and all that jazz. But here's chapter 15. Byeeee